FedEx Supply Chain
Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE\: FDX), is a leader in the
third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that
enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and
operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to
optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive
continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned
FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide
flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers.
Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet
of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and
processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to
• A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
• A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
• An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
• A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Field Engineer
provides engineering plans, in-depth analyses, tools, and improvements to field
operations. Leads department projects and participates in cross-functional
projects by identifying process improvements and enhancements.
This position will be
• Analyzes performance data within engineering.
• Analyzes and documents existing processes. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends solutions to management.
• Researches and analyzes technical or engineering related information independently. Presents improvement recommendations to management.
• Prepares accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis independently. Monitors expenditures to ensure spending is applied and within budget guidelines.
• Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results. Interacts with team members, customers, and senior management.
• Applies project management fundamentals and concepts. Creates and publishes progress reports, meeting minutes, memos, and presentations for management review.
• Mentors and develops critical skill sets in lower level engineers.
• Develops and updates engineering plans based on forecasted volume, contingency plans, and historical data.
• Reviews and compares daily service analysis to previous day activities, develops customized reports for analysis (e.g., root cause analysis) for continuous improvements using engineering principles, and communicates solution(s), operational issue(s), and enhancement(s) to field management.
• Prepares cost benefit analysis independently for technology improvements by conducting detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine the feasibility of purchasing new operations equipment.
• Conducts observations and makes recommendations to managers on methods to increase productivity and decrease damages.
• Trains managers on engineering principles, methods, and procedures.
• Performs various analyses on cost reductions through the utilization of sound engineering principles resulting in productivity and quality enhancements.
• Monitors staffing plan and modifies engineering plans to meet productivity goals.
• Implements, trains, and monitors new program rollouts for Corporate independently.
• Leads operations and Corporate Engineering department projects.
• Participates in cross-functional QDM projects.
You might be a great
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 4+ years of relevant experience.
• In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general public.
• Strong experience with Microsoft Office and other related systems.
• Experience in an industrial or warehouse operation including demonstrated examples of concept, designing and/or implementing process improvements to safety, quality or productivity metrics.
• Teamwork skills in resolving problems, discussing issues, and communicating potential solutions and results to wage employees as well as upper management.
• Ability to follow policies and procedures.
• Ability to read, write and interpret information.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
• Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 9 hours per day.
• Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
• Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable
accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities
throughout the subsequent application process.
Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally