Developmental Disability Specialist Ii (support Coordinator) (Vinton)
Compensation: $57,850.00 - $90,030.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Work as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team delivering support coordination services to individuals with Intellectual or other Developmental disabilities. Using a collaborative person-centered planning approach, assists the individual in accessing needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, residential and other supports essential for living in the community and in developing his/her desired lifestyle. Completes assessments, leads interdisciplinary team in developing person-centered plan with the individual, links to needed services/supports, and monitors delivery and quality of services according to the plan and changes plan, as needed. Acts as a resource to the individual and his/her family and provides information about county, generic and community resources. Meets with individual in the community, where services are provided. Understands Medicaid Waiver services and complies with all Medicaid requirements, time-lines, and documentation. Collaborates with vendors to ensure that health and safety needs are met. Manages emergencies. Requires use of PC and electronic health record; requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Multiple positions are available. Note
: To learn more about careers in this area, please watch our Support Coordination Services video. Illustrative Duties For CSB Support Coordination:
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Screens/interviews prospective clients to determine needs and appropriateness for program;
- Coordinates and leads interdisciplinary team meetings to develop and monitor consumer service plan;
- Conducts visits to providers to assess services, satisfaction, and health/safety.
- Coordinates, implements, and monitors delivery of individual service plan;
- Analyzes data to determine client progress and makes necessary changes to service plan;
- Writes individual service plans, progress notes, and summaries;
- Ensures proper adherence to federal, state, local, and agency regulations and licensure standards;
- Links clients with appropriate community resources;
- Provides crisis intervention;
- Advocates for clients in the community;
- Organizes and maintains consumer files and other confidential records;
- Prepares administrative reports;
- Represents program within the community;
- Develops cooperative relationships with community groups and agencies;
- Develops, provides, and coordinates relevant training for agency staff and vendors;
- Maintains ongoing communication with families, landlords, county programs and agencies, and state agencies.
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Thorough knowledge of intake procedures, social history development and interviewing techniques;
- Knowledge of psychiatric, psychological, and/or sociological terminology and concepts;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and techniques related to treatment of persons with intellectual disability or other development disabilities;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as issues relevant to human rights, mandated reporting, and skill in applying this knowledge to a variety of situations;
- Considerable knowledge of community resources, including relevant public and private organizations;
- Ability to recognize external behavioral symptoms of developmentally disabled individuals who may concurrently exhibit signs of medical needs, mental illness, and/or substance abuse;
- Ability to successfully perform as a team member/leader;
- Ability to implement personnel procedures;
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with clients;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers public and private sector organizations, community groups and the general public;
- Ability to recommend alternatives to allow for individual choice in services
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or a related human services field; plus two years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Master's degree can be substituted for 1 year of experience.CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid motor vehicle driver's license with fewer than six demerit points (or equivalent in another state) and maintained throughout employment with CSB
- First Aid and CPR certification - required within 3 months of hire
- Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional - required within 1 month of hire
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry, a driving record check, and sanction screening to the satisfaction of the employer. A TB screening upon hire and annually thereafter.
This position is emergency/essential services personnel. (Required to report for duty during inclement weather and/or other emergencies). PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience with service delivery under Medicaid and Medicaid Waivers. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to drive to numerous locations in the community during the course of the day (include residential, vocational, and other facilities); use keyboard driven equipment; and communicate clearly with others orally and in writing. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview; includes written exerciseIt is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact for assistance. TTY . EEO/AA/TTY.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...