* Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. * Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals * Ability to apply good judgment at all times. * Ability to oversee daily activities of 3 to 7 associates on staff * Skills to coach and train new and existing associates on company standards, guidelines and procedures. * Ability to prioritize tasks and duties to ensure that daily housekeeping operations are performed at peak efficiency.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. * The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. * While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. * Associate may be asked to travel to help additional sites.
* Previous hotel experience required
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The full time housekeeping position is responsible for assisting the management team in overseeing the tasks, training and standards of the housekeeping department when needed. The position is expected to work independently with limited supervision from management. This position will assist to optimize performance through continuous improvement, and the execution of all standards set within the kai esa initiative. The position will also be responsible for working directly with the maintenance engineer on the preventative maintenance/deep cleaning program, assisting management with guest room inspections and any additional duties assigned by the management team.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
* Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates. * Job functions to include training of new and existing housekeepers, guest room inspections, and adherence to company standards, policies and procedures. * Ensures housekeeping carts, cart rooms and laundry areas are maintained to company standard. * Works directly with the maintenance engineer performing the guest room preventative maintenance/deep cleaning. * Performs daily housekeeping tasks in guest rooms. * Responsible for overall hotel cleanliness. * Motivates and drives company initiatives within the department.
* Schedules daily housekeeping assignment boards when needed * Performs duties in housekeeping and laundry departments as needed. * And any other duties as requested by the management team.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.