At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is a single point of contact with the Bureau of Consumer Services (BCS) of the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission, other regulatory agencies, and the Legal department. #CD# Manage the formal complaint process and required investigations. #CD# Complete Regulatory Monthly KPI report. #CD# Train, mentor and provide compliance expertise to less experienced employees. #CD# Review and process violations cited to the company.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Timely and accurate completion of all aspects of the PUC Formal Complaint process including but not limited to providing Company attorneys with pertinent information related to customer complaints, preparing exhibits for hearing, and negotiating settlements, and interfacing with Operations, Customer CD# Marketing Services, Legal, and PA PUC specifically Administrative Law judges. #CD# Appear at Formal Hearings as a Company witness and custodian of records. #CD# 40%
- Manage department performance indicators. #CD# Provide leadership team with details associated with the target monthly and year-to-date goals for volume of informal and formal complaints, response time, justified status, violations, and corrective actions. #CD# Prepare monthly summary of data including identification of trends and improvement opportunities. #CD# 10%
- Responsible for evaluation of all violations cited, including those that may provide an opportunity to challenge the PUC to reduce the cited violation to removed or alleged by obtaining information from the process owners and citing previous case determination along with regulation interpretation. #CD# Complete complaint scoring for determination that a customer was justified in contacting the commission based on the regulations and the rules established by Bureau of Consumer Services. #CD# Responsible for providing written analysis of justified complaints and/or sustained violations received from PUC. #CD# This includes interaction with the internal process owners by proving interpretations of the regulations violated and collaboration for appropriate corrective actions. #CD# #CD# 10%
- Complete reports in response to informal cases involving complex issues. Complete audits of informal complaint reports submitted, including verification of complete and accurate information and the companys final position to the PUC and confirm justified analysis associated to the case along with follow up on corrective actions. #CD# Verify corrective actions are appropriate. #CD# #CD# 20%
- Manage project work including all credit and collection initiatives and process improvements. #CD# Participate as the regulatory subject-matter expert on cross-functional teams involved in new process design. #CD# 10%
- Provide coaching and training associated with the informal and formal complaint process, violations, and justified analysis. #CD# Serve as subject-matter expert on the most complex cases. #CD# 10%
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or related discipline AND 5 8 years relevant business experience, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 9-12 years relevant experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years regulatory assessor experience
- Direct working knowledge of PUC regulations.
- Comprehensive understanding of standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the PECO Regulatory Performance group (e. g. , PUC Regulations
(including Chapter 56 and 14) and regulatory interface, development and management of technical or procedural processes, establishment of unit objectives, business plans, and budgets,
- Ability to analyze organizational data and complex problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the LAN and mainframe systems, particularly the CIMS and PUC reporting database system.
- Customer driven with excellent oral and written communications skills and basic analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- MBA or relevant advanced degree
- Previous Customer Contact experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC software package such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare data, proposals and reports for management review and approval.
- Manage the complete PUC Formal Complaint process, Monthly KPI process, violation response, complaint scoring, project work specifically credit related initiatives, and provide support to the Regulatory Performance Assessors.
- Manage and maintain a good working relationship with the external customers at the Bureau of Consumer Services at the PUC, Office of Attorney General, Office of Consumer Advocates, Community Legal Services along with internal customers including all internal process owners.
- Assume supervisory responsibilities as needed.
- Represents PECO at formal hearings as company witness, acts as subject matter expert for regulatory performance group, may fill in for manager as needed.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Associated topics: attorney, business, compliance office, corporate, corporate attorney, court, internal, lawyer, llp, market