Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
POSITION: Meter Technician
DEPARTMENT: Meter Shop
LOCATION: Southborough, MA
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $29.43
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS: M-F, 7:30AM - 4:00PM
Union Represented Position
Under general supervision, the Meter Technician is responsible for certain aspects of meter processing, maintenance and accurate completion of associated paperwork and updating of systems, if applicable, in accordance with Company, State and Federal regulations as described in the Eversource Gas Operating and Maintenance procedures.
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent
2. Must Pass Bennett Mechanical Aptitude Test with a raw score of 24.
3. Qualified applicants must pass a pre-employment /pre-placement drug test in accordance with DOT regulations.
4. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
5. Knowledge of Meter Mechanics and previous Meter Maintenance experience preferred.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers' needs is part of every employee's role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.