EP!C is a non for profit company commited to enriching the lives of and inspiring the capabilities of adults with developmental disabilities. We are currently seeking a compassionate and caring RN to join out team.
In accordance with applicable State and Federal Regulations, EP!C policies and procedures, and recognized nursing techniques, provide routine nursing care and related supports to individuals receiving services from EP!C. Provide direct supervision of assigned LPN.
- To support and educate the philosophy of the agency mission/vision statement and current strategic plan.
- Supervise the performance of assigned LPN, providing training and support as Complete performance evaluations, review and authorize paid leave requests, document absences and authorize travel expenses.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the department policies, operating budget, long and short term planning, and service evaluation methods. Assist in the assessment of resource requirements, including, staffing, equipment and supplies.
- Work cooperatively to link the department with services and resources that have the potential to improve the delivery of health services.
- As needed, order and secure medications and medical supplies.
- As needed, schedule auxiliary medical services.
- Monitor LPNs and other personnel involved in the implementation and maintenance of health care services, ensuring that appropriate and adequate levels of services are being delivered. As part of the community support team, participate in the development and ongoing review of individualized service plans for individuals
- Provide training, consultation and support to individuals served, families, guardians and staff as requested.
- Insure documentation and records are maintained in accordance with pertinent policies, procedures and standards of practice.
- Participate in the on-call system, interpreting symptoms and providing direction to staff and other professionals as needed.
- Insure individuals and guardians are informed and educated in a timely manner regarding individual care plans and any changes in the care plans.
- As a mandated reporter, insure all allegations of abuse and neglect are reported as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and personal support of the philosophy and principles of CQL and of person-centered planning. supports for individuals served.
- Knowledge of the techniques needed to implement appropriate nursing services and supports for individuals served.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards applicable to the delivery of nursing
- Ability to perform and maintain certifications as a DSP, and in CPR, First Aid, Diets and Nutrition, and CPI.
- Graduate of a certified school of nursing and currently licensed in the State of Illinois as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Ability to work cooperatively with agency staff members, families, other providers and outside contacts.
- Ability to teach/mentor staff members in recommended nursing interventions
- Must take necessary training given by the State of Illinois to become Certified Nurse Trainer.
- Working environments may vary to include office, individuals home environments, community settings, and educational and employment settings.
- May be called upon for emergencies. Completion of assigned duties may require bending, stooping, twisting, pushing and the ability to lift 50 pounds in a variety of environments. May be called upon to assist with intervention in maladaptive behaviors. Will also require talking, seeing, hearing and repetitive motions.
Associated topics: asn, ccu, coronary, intensive, intensive care, maternal, neonatal, psychatric, surgery, transitional