Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will conduct in-home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members within a geographic area of responsibility. While the average visit is 45-60 minutes, the nature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. The House Calls Assessment includes:
* Past medical history
* Review of symptoms
* Physical examination
* Medication review
* Depression screening
* Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
* Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
* Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
* Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
* Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
* Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
* Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
* 1+ year clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years' experience as a Registered Nurse
* Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
* A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
* Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
* Computer literate and able navigate the internet
* Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets, or members / family members that are tobacco users
* Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps
* Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
* Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
* Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
* Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
* Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology a plus
* Home care or home visit experience
* Knowledgeable in regards to standard of care of common chronic health conditions as well as health promotion and prevention guidelines
* Ability to follow established dress code
* Effective communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
* Ability to navigate on the internet and work with personal computer
* Ability to work independently
* Detail oriented
* Dependable and reliable
Transforming health care and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ('Internal Candidates') are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, Home Health, Primary Care, NY, New York, Work from Home, Remote, Auburn, home care, geriatric care, One time Assessments, flexible schedule, autonomy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...