- EnerSys Delaware
- $31,620.00 -46,470.00/year*
30 Whittaker St
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
To provide competent, high quality installation and maintenance services to EnerSys DC Power marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Incumbent must interact effectively with people at all levels, both inside and outside the company:
- Corporate and staff personnel for sales, engineering, product and parts support. Competing priorities can create an apparently unresponsive environment. Incumbent will be required to persist in order to achieve the desired result for the customer.\\Customers need to be handled professionally with deference.
- Incumbent must accommodate very flexible work hours and must be prepared to work nights and weekends on short notice when required by customer schedules.
- Each incumbent reports to the Field Service Supervisor or Regional Service Manager. Incumbent will seldom be supervised in the direct performance of individual jobs and seldom see the Regional Service Management if they operate in an area remote from the District office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Field Service Technician, although an entry level Field Service position, must demonstrate or complete the following:
- Have an aptitude for basic electronic/electrical power theory and/or experience in battery and charge repair.
- Some knowledge of telecommunications central office power equipment installation procedure, safety procedures, job-site documentation, and service/maintenance protocols.
- Effectively install, repair, replace flooded and sealed batteries, chargers and DC power distribution equipment, per existing procedures, with some supervision/guidance.
- A high school graduate with minimum formal training, equivalent to successful completion of a basic electronics correspondence or vocational-technical course.
- Successful completion of EnerSys s Phase 1 and 2 training programs within the first year of employment. This training supports the bulk of a Field Service Technician s workload.
- Literacy skills sufficient to support professionally executed PMA, Service, Expense, Warranty and Time reports all of which are critical to successful job performance.
- Incumbent must be self-motivated and possess a balanced combination of creative and logical/analytical thinking ability in order to deal with the many complexities of performing field service tasks and the solicitation of service business. Operating out of a remote location puts added emphasis on the characteristics.
- All incumbents must be able to quickly analyze and logically trouble shoot defective equipment, within the limits of his training, to determine and correct the source of equipment malfunction in a reasonable amount of time. Although final approval for warranty service resides at EnerSys Headquarters, the incumbent must be able to analyze the situation, make a decision and immediately deal with the customer accordingly.
- The jobs greatest challenges lie in balancing the availability of resources, both personal time and material, to meet the competing demands of several customers at the least cost to EnerSys.
Each incumbent is a member of a team consisting of from two to five Field Service Engineers/Technicians supervised by a Field Service Supervisor (FSS). Each team member has a shared responsibility for the following:
1. To provide the highest quality of service possible in order to assure customer satisfaction with the affected products.
2. Work intelligently and efficiently to assure that the team meets its overall revenue, expense and profit goals as evidenced by monthly Profit and Loss Statements.
3. Work safely.
4. Timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports, quality alerts, and maintenance reports to the customer.
Incumbent can expect extensive daily and overnight travel with 40-50% of time spent away from home base often for extended periods of 1-2 weeks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Job Requirements
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Associated topics: breakdown, equipment, field service, field service technician, machine maintenance, maintenance, maintenance technician, malfunction, repair, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...