Education Through Music partners with over 60 NYC Elementary and Middle Schools (grades K through 8) in all five boroughs to support comprehensive and sequential music instruction. This includes two or more annual concerts at each school in which all students perform!
We seek an accomplished pianist with extensive accompanying experience to play at these concerts. Strong sight reading skills and the ability to modulate are a must. Most rehearsals and concerts happen during the morning or mid-day, with some exceptions for evening concerts. A dress rehearsal (up to 3 hours) and the concert (1 to 2 hours) is part of each job.
This is a contracted position and here is a brief outline of the fees:
Project Services and Fees. During the term of this Agreement, the Accompanist shall perform project-related services required by the Company as follows:
Accompanists shall not be entitled to any payment for wait time in between assignments scheduled on the same day. Please carefully review the cancellation policy below:
1. Assignment Cancellations. Accepted and approved assignments may be canceled by ETM by verbal communication or e-mail with at least 36 hours' notice without penalty to ETM. Assignments are deemed to begin at the first scheduled dress rehearsal. Accepted and approved assignments canceled by ETM by verbal communication, e-mail and/or text message with less than 36 hours' notice will result in a $25 late assignment cancellation fee to Accompanist for each assignment (concert and related dress rehearsal) so canceled, and no other fees.
2. Assignment Rescheduling. If any part of an assignment is re-scheduled by ETM within the 36 hours' notice period and the Accompanist is unable to accept the re-scheduled assignment, the Accompanist will be entitled to a $25 late assignment cancellation fee, and no other fees.
3. Concert re-scheduling after dress rehearsal. If the Accompanist has provided a dress rehearsal, and ETM subsequently reschedules the concert or concerts associated with that dress rehearsal, and the Accompanist is unable to accept the re-scheduled concerts, the Accompanist will be entitled to a $75 late concert cancellation fee for each concert so re-scheduled, and no other fees.
4. Concert cancellations after dress rehearsal. If the Accompanist has provided a dress rehearsal, and ETM subsequently cancels and does not offer to re-schedule the concert or concerts associated with that dress rehearsal, the accompanist will be entitled the full regular fee for each concert with dress rehearsal or additional concert so canceled.
5. Accompanist failure to complete assignment. If the Accompanist provides a dress rehearsal, but fails to provide accompanist services at the associated concert or concerts, the Accompanist will forfeit all fees for each concert with dress rehearsal or additional concerts that were not accompanied.
If interested, please submit a resume and include 2-3 references.