Position Summary: Responsible for upholding Earth Fare's Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, and adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures. Works independently and in a team to ensure front and/or back of the house food preparation duties are complete to include but not limited to, food and beverage preparation, maintaining sanitation and safety standards and providing exceptional customer service at all times.
1) Adheres to the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures and merchandising guidelines, with a strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation. Maintains a positive and professional work environment. (20%)
2) Production: Open, service, and close sandwich making station (grill); maintain and operate pizza oven; check sandwich bread par levels and slack bread; check sandwich meat, cheese, and vegetable production sheets and slice/portion accordingly; pull pizza dough balls and prepare pizza station for productions, to includes sauce, cheese, toppings; roast vegetables for pizzas; perform closing walk as assigned. (40%)
3) Operational Tasks: Provides excellent customer service and performs miscellaneous job related duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager or Assistant Food Service Manager. Attends required department and store-wide meetings. (20%)
4) Merchandising: Maintains an attractive sales floor by implementing Earth Fare merchandising guidelines as outlined by the Food Service Manager. (10%)
5) Department Conditions: Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers. (10%)
Total Percentage Equals 100%
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
* Must demonstrate excellent customer service to customers and Team Members at all times.
* Must be able to work independently and within a team setting.
* Must be organized and pay close attention to detail.
* Must be able to multi-task and assist customers while completing necessary production duties within the department.
* Must be able to read and follow both written and verbal instruction from the Food Service Manager, Assistant Manager, and other store management.
* Must demonstrate manual dexterity with potentially hazardous equipment (mixers, slicers, ovens, etc.).
* Previous experience with food preparation/cooking in a restaurant, bakery or catering environment preferred.
* Experience working in a retail and/or customer service oriented environment preferred. The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience, however, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
* Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
* May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat.
* May be exposed to odors, fumes, smoke and loud noise associated with working in a kitchen environment.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
* Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
* Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
* Must be able to stand and be on one's feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.