DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service Sling TV that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
What's in it for you?
- DISH provides our technicians with paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools, a fuel card, and a vehicle
- Highly independent work with unparalleled promotional opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including complimentary DISH Network service, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, employee stock purchase program, and tuition reimbursement
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories**:
- Conduct technical site surveys to determine cable runs and the best placement of our equipment
- Install cutting edge technology to include, but not limited to satellite dishes, headend equipment, receivers, modems and routers
- Perform regular maintenance/inspections on equipment and document the results
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace defective satellite and broadband equipment
- Offer Dish Smart Home Services - successful technicians offer our customers additional services and products while earning incentives and building new skill sets that will propel them into the future of In-Home Services delivery
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Commercial Installation Technician will have the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, being resourceful, and strong multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills; basic electronics and/or audio/video knowledge is helpful
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Must maintain an expert level understanding of satellite system technology and processes
- Knowledge of MDU and/or commercial design and application a plus
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 275 lbs.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings
- High school diploma or GED required; college or technical/vocational school a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the State you are seeking employment in, with a driving record that meets DISH's minimum safety standard.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of cable or broadband systems including head-end, cable plants, DOCSIS and WiFi Internet, Cat 5, Cat 6 and fiber optic is preferred
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service technician, field technician, install, installation, installation technician, mount, technician