The Barista ensures all Dierbergs' Starbucks customers are provided prompt and "Extra Step" service. The Barista assists customers by providing descriptions of menu items, assisting with selection and ensuring their order is made to specifications and satisfaction.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare foods and follow recipes
- Service skills required
Expectations of All Dierbergs Associates:
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Basic reading and math skills required
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
- Associates in food handling departments are required to receive a Hepatitis A vaccination
Essential Job Functions:
- Taking orders from customers, inputting orders into the POS system, obtaining payment and providing change
- Prepare and serve food, coffee, and other beverages
- Welcome all customers, anticipate and address customer needs
- Breakdown and disassemble food and beverage equipment. Thorough deep cleaning and sanitation of equipment, utensils, and all areas of the department.
- Checks and controls proper storage of product and portion control
- Baristas may be cross trained in other store departments
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to stoop and kneel and put away products
- Must be able to handle cooking utensils, kitchen and bar equipment
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 150 lbs.
Associated topics: barista, beer, beverage, club bartender, drink, drink service, lounge, martini, shots, sommelier