OverviewDesert Choice Schools is looking for SPED Teacher for our location in Yuma, AZ for 2019/2020 School year. Relocation assistance is available.
Desert Choice Schools ( a Learn Behavioral Family of Companies division ( is a certified K -12 Private Day School approved by the Arizona Department of Education to provide Special Education Services to the students with Mild to Moderate Disabilities.
Desert Choice Schools utilizes a highly-structured, school-wide Positive Behavioral Supports program that teaches students Academic, Social/Emotional Problem-Solving and Strategies. All DCS teachers and support staff are trained in a unique methodology that assists students with maintaining Positive Choice-Making. We are a tight-knit team that values colleagues who exhibit collaboration, integrity and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students who struggle to be successful, and who share a passion to help children and their families.
Special Education Teachers work in a school-based setting and are responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an individual instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success in accordance with policies.
- Develop and implement student Individual Education Plans.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Valid Arizona Special Education Certification(Cross Categorical or Mild/Moderate)
- Valid Arizona DPS Fingerprint Card with IVP status
- Bachelors degree required
- At least 1 year of experience working with students with emotional disabilities preferred.
- Spanish speaking a plus. Not required.
Desert Choice Schools offers a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits and 401(k)plan. We are most proud of Desert Choice Schools' collaborative team approach, professional development, and structured, strong mentorship program.Desert Choice Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be presently eligible to work in the United States
Associated topics: behavior specialist, behavioral analysis, deaf, dhh, difficult, disabilities, disable, disorder, mental health, special education nurse