- Department of the Navy
You will serve as a Production Controller in the Public Works Department, Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa of NAVAL FACILITIES ENG COMMAND ATLANTIC.
Above salary does not include locality pay. Locality pay adjustment will be determined by duty location once a selection has been made.
This position is a 100% TDY position at Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa.
Learn more about this agency
* Use MAXIMO to analyze project data and work requirements.
* Follow progress of PWD work including tracking and monitoring the status and completion of work.
* Submits funding documents to clients to acquire funds.
* Ensure all material and support contract actions are completed, processed and documented, when corrective maintenance projects or other non-recurring scope type work is performed and completed.
* Monitors all job order numbers and project packages to ensure they are correct and funded properly.
* Monitors estimated versus actual job progress and completion, materials status, authorizes variances and equipment utilization.
* Inputs data into business applications system (e.g., Maximo, MS Project, etc) via computer.
* Provides Maximo and other recurring related financial information to product line managers, PW managers, and various customers.
* Runs the Work Induction Board (WIB) to ensure work is properly inducted into PWD.
* Serves as point of contact for PW clients, supervisors, buyers, contract specialists, construction specialists, and vendors.
76% or greater - This position is 100% TDY to Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti, Africa and requires travel up to 75% of the time.
* Job family (Series)
1152 Production Control
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
* Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
* New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
* Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing duties such as: 1) Planning, scheduling, fund tracking and resource leveling in support of facilities construction, maintenance and repair projects; 2) Reviewing Facility Service Contract (FSC) construction, maintenance, repair, renovation, replacement and other services to determine total cost; 3) Monitoring status of work, validating data, and coordinating completion of supporting actions through Maximo and other data basis; 4) Providing financial advice on funding procedures and ensures funding are in compliance with NAVFAC policies and instructions; 5) Monitoring estimated versus actual job progress and completion, materials status, authorizes variances and equipment usage; 6) Developing, preparing and reviewing reports, spreadsheets, graphs, and flowcharts for the use of production planning and control.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Education* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...