This is a quota-carrying Pre-Sales role requiring significant and diverse business and technology skills and experiences in IT Solutions Sales; specifically targeting the Service Provider space. The person in this role will be the Enterprise leader within their assigned SP accounts and is a subject matter expert at aligning IT to business and technical needs. The Pre-Sales Engineer is the lead architect for designing the optimal solution that will likely encompass many Dell lines of business as well as applications, middle-ware, and Dell partner products. Pre-Sales Engineer works closely with the Account Executive supporting Dell clients in the Service Provider/Hosting industry..
* Sells multiple Lines of Business and/or high-end services (e.g. managed / professional services) across multiple industries
* Sells primarily enterprise products and managed services with additional sale of computers, printers, peripherals and other hardware
* Sells to CEO, CIO, CTO, etc. and may sell to purchasing groups or other decision-making authorities
* Anticipates how market and competitive factors will influence the selling of Dell products and services
* Effectively exercises power and influences key decisions for the benefit of Dell and the customer
* Verifies operability of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer's environment
* Synthesizes market and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of the Dell solution
* Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position Dell solution
* Provides counsel across account team in analyzing customer requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution using breadth of Dell products and services
* 8-10 years of pre-sales experience
* Previous 5+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales role focused on data center class storage solutions
* Extensive knowledge of the following technologies; Servers, Hyper Converged Infrastructure, Storage Area Networks, Network Accessed Storage, Unified Storage Architectures, Storage Virtualization
* Basic storage fundamentals including but not limited to sizing methodology, fabric design, high availability design requirements, file systems and storage adapters
* Advanced storage functionality including snapshots, clones, thin provisioning, block based replication, file based replication, application integration requirements and capabilities
* BS Degree or experience equivalent
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Apply now Apply now Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.