Head, Talent, Development & Organizational Effectiveness (Dir/Sr Dir)
Compensation: $162,540.00 - $162,540.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases. Job Summary:
The Head of the Talent Development and Organizational Effectiveness function at Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is responsible for development and execution of a philosophy, strategy, and programs of Talent and Organization Development, which includes performance management, talent assessment, team effectiveness, talent mobility, succession planning, promotion management, and leadership development. This position works closely with senior leaders to understand talent needs of each function and provide consultation and develop talent related programs and/or programs specific to each function. This position works closely with Talent Acquisition and HRBP to ensure there is a deliberate strategy and plan for attracting, developing, and retaining talent. Responsibilities:Strategic
- Determines approaches to integrating Talent Mgmt, Performance Mgmt, Team Effectiveness and Leadership Development to ensure the organization understands the functional value.
- Creates the infrastructure for Human Resources and Talent planning (talent review and pipeline management).
- Identifies organizational people strengths/gaps and devises strategies to strengthen and build leadership capability.
- Designs a leadership development and training curriculum to ensure progression of skills and careers, which includes career mobility and promotion.
- Assesses the organizational climate and culture and devises practices, engages vendors, works with key leaders to put efforts in place to continually maintain a work environment that is aligned with the strategic direction of the Company.
- Utilizes benchmarks and proven models/methodologies/theories to drive advisory and strategic recommendations in the areas of organization design, change management, team norms/employee behavior and performance management.
- Drives utilization and impact of talent identification and development processes and programs to:
- Identify top talent - high potentials & high performers, leadership, technical/functional top talent
- Increase readiness and success rate of individuals identified as having the potential to assume critical positions at the next more senior leadership level
- Ensure top talent identification and development practices to drive a more diverse, multicultural workforce.
- Manages and maintains talent development annual operating budget
- Establishes a consistent selection and development assessment approach for our top talent and enterprise critical positions.
- Drives the company's Talent Review plans to ensure identification of talent
- Develops reporting to analyze and review trends in the following areas: high potential retention and risk factors, high impact and critical positions etc.
- Actively creates, builds, maintains and sustains the Company's performance management efforts
- Works with HRBPs to ensure more than just an annual performance review, that performance management is the continuous process of setting objectives, assessing progress and providing on-going coaching
- Leads the development and quality implementation of performance evaluation systems that support the goals of continuous improvement.
- Develops appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to measure overall leadership effectiveness.
- Creates and drives the Company's Performance initiatives
- Introduces and provides leadership training based on business objectives.
- Builds a plan and the infrastructure for business-driven action learning and incorporates various learning strategies leadership development curriculum.
- May frequently liaise with Tokyo HR professionals on global talent initiatives.
- Provides advisory and consulting feedback to internal constituents (e.g. CEO, functional leaders) on matters involving organizational performance & health. Recommends the appropriate plan of action on ways to drive employee engagement.
- Works collaboratively with HRBP to drive execution on company-wide initiatives designed to improve organizational performance
- Builds 'Center of Excellence' capability, credibility and tools to ensure functional leaders have expert and credible support/advice in areas concerning leadership, team and employee engagement.
- Builds and engages the appropriate T&D team to help build organizational capability.
- Selects, coaches, develops and rewards team of T&D professionals.
- Liaises with senior leaders and provides advises/recommends most appropriate courses of actions pertaining to leadership development and performance mgmt strategies.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years of human resources experience, preferably in learning and/or leadership development functions. Pharma industry experience preferred.
- Experience in multiple human resources disciplines including HR generalist (HRBP), talent management, learning and development, OD, staffing etc.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Ability working in matrix organization leading change
- Ability to build and use metrics to gain buy-in for critical initiatives; can also create relevant 'dashboards' to be shared with senior leaders to aid decision-making. Strong analytics and business acumen required.
- Can think creatively and push others to think outside the box on leadership development
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, particularly at the senior leadership level
- Can engage external vendors to help meet company needs with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to influence senior leaders and functional heads to adopt various approaches when managing the business.
- Ability to manage large scale interventions and initiatives
Ability to travel up to 5%
Compensation and seniority level/title will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Duties and responsibilities may vary based on the position level/title.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Title
Head, Talent, Development & Organizational Effectiveness (Dir/Sr Dir)City
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Human Resources State
Associated topics: benefit specialist, employee, enrollment, hr, interview, labor, recruiter, talent accquisition, talent management, train
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...