Associate Director, Digital and Product Communications (Howell)
Compensation: $177,070.00 - $177,070.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a 'Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,' Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.Job Summary:
Accountable for leading the development and execution of strategic product public relations (PR) programs that support brand objectives. Manage agencies supporting Daiichi Sankyo brands, providing strategic direction and accountable for budget oversight.
Creates and implements comprehensive strategy to effectively leverage social media (SM) in achieving specific business outcomes. Enables compliant SM adoption across company by educating and coaching business partners on achieving their target outcomes through SM. Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver integrated, multi-channel U.S. (and global when required) PR plans for assigned products/therapeutic areas to drive stronger awareness and understanding of marketed company products and their respective disease states among key stakeholders.
- Serve as external media company spokesperson related to assigned products or therapeutic areas. Ensures all media interactions comply with company policies and procedures, appropriate and approved.
- Develop and drive PR strategy, overseeing press material development, approval and dissemination, managing allocated PR budgets.
- Lead and/or support U.S. and global cross-functional company issues and reputation management processes and teams to ensure strategic and aligned communications around a broad range of R&D, product, regulatory, legal, and therapeutic area industry-related matters related to assigned therapeutic areas.
- Actively liaise with KEEs, third-party groups and media stakeholders important to the company; engage third-party/advocacy groups to develop and execute educational campaigns
- Provide editorial and communications leadership and strategic counsel to marketing and U.S. leadership in connection assigned products and therapeutic areas. Support global corporate communications in developing global messaging and communications activities for assigned therapeutic areas.
- Identify, counsel and prepare mid-level and senior company spokespeople as well physician and advocacy spokespeople for media interactions and speaking engagements. Prepare materials for and conducts media training sessions.
- Manage internal and external resources, including PR agencies and contingent workers, to ensure successful PR campaigns.
- Drives company-wide social media efforts by acting as an advocate for integration of all SM initiatives across the company
- Provides training for communications team and business partners on incorporating SM into their work and into the corporate culture
- Creates content and manages editorial calendar to ensure continuous and optimized presence on SM platforms; trains other communicators in strategic SM content creation
- Selects appropriate SM channels to maximize content delivery
- Drives and tracks company's SM presence across relevant sites and platforms
- Manages online presence by tracking and listening to users, reading discussion forums, and coordinating with company experts and communications partners on appropriate responses.
- Keeps up to date with new and emerging SM methods and trends to leverage usage; update SM strategy at least annually and recommends new initiatives to meet business goals
- Supports evaluation and development of internal SM platforms together with Internal Communications team
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education/Experience:
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline. Master's Degree desirable.
- At least 7 years of communications experience; at least 2 of those years implementing social media programs for a regulated healthcare industry, preferably pharmaceuticals.
Ability to travel up to 15%
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Title
Associate Director, Digital and Product CommunicationsCity
Basking RidgeFunctional Area
Legal & Corporate AffairsState
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...