Job Description This position will travel between West Columbia, South Carolina to Charleston, South Carolina.
Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com WHAT WE DO Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the health care environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations. The Field Nurse Consultant, RN is responsible for delivery of clinical services and education to our clients to further develop client relationships, to aid in retention and expansion of existing business, and help to ensure execution of contract covenants. This role will also assist with onboarding of new clients and some facility level issue resolution.
- You build strong client relationships by consistently delivering client interactions that develop trust and show value
- Evaluate regulatory compliance and determine clinical education needs for our clients as it relates to pharmacy services
- Conduct quality assurance audits to aid clients with preparation for successful, compliant state surveys
- Identify and provide recommendations regarding deficiencies and opportunities around drug inventories, storage, and distribution
- You provide Quality Reviews and other Omnicare nursing consultant services
- Deliver ongoing clinical training to facility staff
- Manage resolution of client issues and requests
- You assist with activities associated in onboarding new facilities such as collection of resident information and medical records; scheduling, attending, and some facilitation of facility staff training; informing pharmacy of facility needs; serving as single point of contact for facility throughout onboarding process
- Operate with strong business sense and industry knowledge, remaining conscious of industry trends
Required Qualifications - At least five (5) years of recent experience as a Registered Nurse that may include direct patient care, physical assessment, clinical education, and group in-servicing.
Ability to travel regularly, up to 80%
Preferred Qualifications Long Term Care industry experience (Skilled and Assisted Living)
- Multi-facility clinical experience
- Excellent customer service skills, knowing the appropriate time to be consultative vs. solve a problem or fill a need
- Proven project and time management skills; ability to track and manage issues, ensure the right teams are engaged, and facilitate comprehensive and timely issue resolution
- Ability to work independently and creatively solve problems when dealing with a multitude of variables
- Track record of performing under pressure, being flexible with schedules and adapting to changing dynamics
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Web applications
Preferred candidate will have Long Term Care experience, such as a DON or ADON in a Post-Acute envirornment.
This position will require heavy travel in the Northern VA / Washington DC area Education : Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing with current, unrestricted license
Associated topics: domiciliary, intensive care unit, maternal, neonatal, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, registered nurse, transitional, unit
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.