Student Athletics Program Coordinator - Aquatics
Compensation: $64,580.00 - $104,060.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
**Job Title:** Student Athletics Program Coordinator - Aquatics
**Job ID:** 21289
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The Athletics and Recreation Department at Hostos Community College aims to educate and develop individual student athletes and participants by providing opportunities to participate in competitive intercollegiate athletics or intramural/recreational sport programs.The Department is committed to supporting student athletes in their attainment of a high level of achievement in academics as well as competitive athletic programs.
The Department is committed to upholding the principle and practice of institutional control in a manner consistent with the letter and spirit of the CUNYAC and Hostos Community College rules and regulations. The Department embraces the principles of sportsmanship, integrity, amateurism, compliance and diversity within the guidelines of NJCAA Athletics.
The Athletics and Recreation Department, seeks candidates for a Student Athletics Coordinator. Reporting to the Student Athletics Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of student employees of the facility; supervises the day-to-day activities of the lifeguard staff.
- Develops lifeguard deck rotational system for monitoring the pool and all other pool deck operations.
- Performs regular safety inspections of pool and equipment.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a variety of aquatic programs for students, faculty, staff and/or members of the public.
- Assists the Athletics Manager in ensuring compliance with all local, state and national requirements and that appropriate water, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained; monitors the necessary certifications required for pool operations.
- Maintains pool logs to include chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance in accordance with Department of Health regulations.
- Maintains and coordinates all external rental schedules and lifeguard staffing with public safety and custodial staff.
- Coordinates with engineers for the scheduling of pool maintenance.
- Develops and maintains records of operation facility usage; monitors and maintains inventories of pool equipment and supplies.
- Participates in the development of annual operating budgets and provides fiscal coordination for the unit.
Bachelor's degree required. Availability to work evening and weekend hours also required.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Supports the administration of College athletic programs.
- Assists with compliance programs activities required by the CUNYAC (CUNY Athletic Conference) and external bodies
- Serves student-athletes through providing advising services and enrichment programs
- Organizes student-athlete communications and activities, and other department work such as calendars, materials, reports, handbooks, and compliance manuals
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$39,282 - $44,308; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin November 20, 2019.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: cleaner, facility operations, greeter, locker room associate, maintenance, mascot, mechanic, operator, security officer, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...