Finance Budget Manager
Compensation: $145,180.00 - $145,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
**Job Title:** Finance Budget Manager
**Job ID:** 21369
**Location:** Lehman College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The Lehman College campus is located in Bronx, New York and is a Senior College within the City University of New York (CUNY) system. A federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution, Lehman serves a diverse population of more than 14,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
The Office of Budget and Planning, a department within the Division of Administration and Finance, is responsible for the overall management of the College's operating budget. The primary office duties include budget planning, developing new budget models, forecasting short and long-term financial projections, managing annual budgeting processes; and providing
the support and processes needed to ensure effective management of the College's resources.
Reporting to the Director of Budget and Planning, the duties of the Finance Budget Manager encompass primary responsibility for monitoring the College's expenses and operating budget. In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage the day-to day operations of the office, providing supervision and guidance to the office staff in the areas of Position Management and CUNYfirst Payroll processes.
- Managing the timely processing of budget allocation adjustments, modifications and appropriate notification; preparing and submitting funding requests to the University Budget Office and ensuring
the collection of outstanding reimbursement to the College.
- Analyzes budget allocations, modifications and spending levels to ensure compliance with approved financial plan.
- Assist in the preparation, funding formulas, analysis and implementation of the College's annual budget.
- Review monthly variance reports to ensure data integrity and accuracy; propose recommendations to address potential shortfalls.
- In the preparation of budget presentations to the President, Cabinet, Budget Committees and the campus community, gather and analyze data from numerous sources to aide .
- Leading workshops and/or information sessions to update stakeholders on new/revised budget processes and procedures.
- Preparing and reporting on office metrics and assessments.
- Liaise with University and College personnel to resolve budgetary issues.
- Coordinate the LOMRS security access for end-users.
- Performing the duties of the Budget Director in her/his absence.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have a Master's degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field. In addition, applicants should have the following preferred skills:
-Highly motivated self-starter with supervisory, review, exceptional organizational, research and analytic skills
-Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including general presentation and financial reporting
-Able to set and meet pressured deadlines to satisfy budget and financial plan preparation, update and reporting requirement; and to manage multiple, often-competing priorities
-Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
-Working knowledge of PeopleSoft ERP systems, University policies and procedures
-Must also be reliable, a self-motivator and able to collaborate with and motivate others
All candidates will draft a writing sample as part of the interview process to demonstrate their ability to write memos and letters that are grammatically correct and express information clearly.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Manages the budget function of a College or major program under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Prepares guidelines, funding formulas, and models for the annual budget
- Supports strategic planning activities; assesses outcomes and makes recommendations regarding resource allocations.
- Monitors and analyzes budget expenditures
- Assists in developing budgeting policies and procedures, and interprets University-wide policy
- May hire, supervise, and train budget and/or clerical staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Finance Budget Manager
Higher Education Associate
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$61,394- $97,628; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information. Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
For technical issues: Contact the Service Desk by e-mail: ...@cuny.edu. If you can, provide screenshots. Please do
not provide your User Account password; it is not needed to investigate any issue.
For other questions: For questions about the content of any job posting, please contact the Human Resources Department:
Review of resumes will begin on November 20, 2019 and continue until a candidate has been identified.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...