Associate Dean - Student Development and Enrollment Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
**Job Title:** Associate Dean - Student Development and Enrollment Management
**Job ID:** 21292
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
Hostos Community College seeks an experienced higher education professional to serve as the Associate Dean for Student Development and will report to the Vice President of Student Development and Enrollment Management (VP of SDEM). The Associate Dean will join a vibrant team of dedicated staff, faculty, and students in pursuit of academic excellence.
The Associate Dean will oversee units, such as Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar and will also actively participate in the college's accreditation process, and participate in strategic planning efforts for the division. The Associate Dean will work collaboratively with the VP of SDEM"s Cabinet to achieve outstanding learning outcomes for our students while promoting a culture of exceptional customer service.
The Associate Dean will be knowledgeable about the competitive Higher Education landscape and promote the distinctive strengths of Hostos Community College by identifying and engaging prospective students from diverse backgrounds. The successful candidate will be a transformational leader with the ability to create and implement innovative strategies that increase enrollment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- In collaboration with the VP of SDEM, develop and implement a strategic recruitment plan to meet the enrollment, retention and graduation goals of the College.
- In collaboration with the Director of Admissions, evaluate recruitment strategies for program effectiveness, outcomes, and cost analysis; analyze and interpret data to identify areas of growth to optimize recruitment programming in accordance with national market trends.
- Participate in the implementation of the College's Strategic Plan and advise the VP of key indicators, providing insight to short and long-term institutional goals.
- Provide input into the development of printed and electronic materials to ensure the recruitment/enrollment of a diverse student body.
- Build and coordinate opportunities for faculty, staff, students, and alumni to participate in the student recruitment process.
- Collaborate with respective units to ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service to students, faculty, staff and community.
- Provide guidance in the recruitment, development, supervision, and evaluation of professional staff in his/her respective units to achieve enrollment, retention and graduation goals while fostering an environment that provides opportunity for professional development and accountability in a unionized setting.
- Develop a robust marketing plan, which includes innovative and evidence-based recruitment strategies.
- Provide guidance in the recruitment, development, supervision, and evaluation of enrollment professional, classified, and student staff members.
- Create and sustain a culture of shared responsibility.
- Handle other duties as assigned and flexibility with work-schedule when needed.
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- A master's degree, earned doctorate, or equivalent degree from accredited institution.
- At least seven years in executive senior management, in a culturally diverse and multicultural institution of higher education with progressive leadership experience in Student Affairs.
- Assessment experience with a goal of continuous quality improvement.
- Experience with the latest higher education technologies and information systems.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and performance management processes.
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience to a maximum of $135,000.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin November 20, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Executive
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: associate director, associate provost, dean, executive, executive director, executive manager, initiative, interim dean, manage, president provost
Loading some great jobs for you...