Academic Resource Center Manager - Student Success Coaching Unit
Compensation: $106,130.00 - $203,780.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
**Job Title:** Academic Resource Center Manager - Student Success Coaching Unit
**Job ID:** 21291
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The Student Success Coaching Unit (SSCU) is an innovative academic engagement program that is committed to the academic, personal, and professional development of Hostos Community College students. SSCU coaches work one-on-one with students to facilitate degree completion, transferring, and career planning.
Reporting to the SSCU Director, the Academic Resource Center Manager is responsible for the following additional duties:
- Designs, implements, and monitors a comprehensive Student Success Coaching model and protocol.
- Researches, develops, and implements transitional and developmental programming for students preparing to enter college.
- Creates and manages support programming for academically at-risk students.
- Manages all grants and activities related to pre-college student population.
- Develops engagement processes to address inactive and disengaged students.
- Participates in outcomes assessment and strategic planning to further enhance coaching services.
- Ensures the completion and compliance of the college's performance management targets/goals.
- Achieves and maintains high levels of satisfaction in student support services.
- In collaboration with Student Success Coordinators, hires, trains, and supervises a team of peer leaders/navigators.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required. Availability to work evening and weekend hours is preferred.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Manages program development and operations of a learning resource center.
- Implements and monitors a comprehensive student support program based on targeted academic resources such as tutoring, remedial and/or other related support services
- Prepares outcomes assessment to further develop center offerings; sets goals and objectives; and supports strategic plan
- Creates, implements and delivers seminars, workshops and other programs to meet the needs of students and faculty
- Collaborates with academic departments and other units to design, execute and improve center offerings
- Oversees promotional material development and center communications utilizing various media formats
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Manages professional, instructional and/or clerical staff; may administer department budget
- May seek additional funding by identifying new revenue sources and grants
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Resources Center Manager
Higher Education Associate
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
$63,811 - $71,723; salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by visiting the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Postings."
Please attach resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin November 20, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: assistant principal, chief, deputy, direct, director, elementary school principal, elementary vice principal, head of school, supervise, vice principal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...