Kitchen Managers manage the restaurant on a day to day basis. Their focus is on managing the brand, ensuring food quality meets the brand expectation, managing inventory, and controlling costs as it relates to product and labor to ensure budgets are met
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience or education
- Manager s Food Handler s Card
- Read, understand, and follow the Employee Handbook, Manager Handbook, and all company policies and procedures
- Proper dress policy and nonslip shoes worn at all times
- Kitchen Managers are required to be able to work any day of the week with flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts; 7 days a week operation, including holidays. The schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Managers are required to work a minimum of 5 days per week and 10 hours per day
- Ability to efficiently operate in Microsoft Office Suite and Email
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Walk regularly throughout the day; uses hands for up to 12 hours each day; occasional heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positive and professional attitude
- As a Kitchen Manager basic cooking skills (will be required to learn all Back of House preparation and cooking Standard Operating Procedures ( SOP s ))
- Strong communication and ability to work cohesively with all levels of management, all departments, and all co-workers in a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times:
- Regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to sales and labor metrics, financials, recipes, SOP s, etc.
- Regarding all employee-related issues
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision, attention to detail and speed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend all management meetings (daily camera meetings, weekly meetings, etc.)
- Ensure restaurant is staffed and set up for business, ensuring not to exceed the labor budget and posting the schedule 10 days in advance of the start of the scheduled week
- Ensure all company checklists are completed according to the assigned schedules (opening checklist, closing checklist, temperature checklist, etc.)
- Interview, hire and train staff.
- Communicate effectively with staff to reduce turnover and ensure high standards by providing positive feedback, coaching and counseling, and discipline.
- Develop and maintain a professional working environment for staff
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in compliance with company and government regulations
- Ensure that all company SOP s are followed
- Ensure that the restaurant is compliant with licensing, health and safety requirements
- Successfully achieve budgeted sales and profit
- Count inventory and control waste
- Ensure daily ordering from vendors is accurate, pars are updated, and waste is minimal
- Ability to work all stations (both Front of House and Back of House positions) if needed
- All other duties required to successfully operate the restaurant
More detail about Culinaire Staffing Inc, please visit
Associated topics: conference, day manager, day shift manager, frontend, general manager, operations manager, partner, produce manager, restaurant manager, supervisor