National Owner Operator Refrigerated Truck Driving Job - Rhode Island (Oakland)
Compensation: $46,600.00 - $61,560.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Shaffer Trucking, we admire the independent spirit of owner operators and we are here to help you succeed. At a 99% success rate, we know what it takes for your business to thrive. This owner-operator truck driver position features flexible home time, multiple load select, and 99.9% no-touch freight. Join our team today!
* Average Weekly Pay: 4100+ (based on 2900 miles weekly)
* Fuel Surcharge: *paid on all loaded miles + fuel discount
* Days on the Road: Varies depending on home location and fleet choice
* Fleet Type: Owner Operator
* Job Type: Refrigerated
Benefits of Joining Shaffer Trucking
* Ability to keep fuel costs at or below $1.00 per gallon
* Free trailer usage
* Dedicated dispatcher offering multiple load options
* No forced dispatch to NYC
* 28% owner operator turnover at Shaffer Trucking
* Maintenance available at our terminal's shops
* Discounted parts and labor
* Payment for authorized lumpers, if required
* Relicensing credit for plates & permits
* Guaranteed detention pay at $30/hour
* EZ Pass provided and reimbursement of authorized tolls
* Health insurance options
* IRA contributions
* Fuel Surcharge is updated weekly based on the national average cost of highway diesel fuel. Fuel surcharge is paid on all loaded miles.
Crete Carrier Corporation takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry has to offer. See our qualifications below.
* Valid Class A CDL
* TWIC Card and Alabama coil certificate required for Hunt Transportation.
* Four months verifiable tractor trailer experience for Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking*
* One-year verifiable tractor trailer experience for Hunt Transportation.
* Has passed the required company and DOT physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test and otherwise meets DOT requirements
* Has a stable, verifiable work history
* Has attained the minimum age of 22 years
* Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
* No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
* Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description
* Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking also accept qualified student drivers who have successfully completed schooling at an approved school.
Founded in 1937, Shaffer Trucking has an over 80-year history of excellence. Joining the Crete Carrier family in 1974, the two companies, along with Hunt Transportation have become one of the nation's largest privately owned transportation companies. Shaffer specializes in temperature-sensitive freight and is a premier carrier for the candy and confectionary industry. At Shaffer Trucking, our drivers are our most valuable asset. As a result, we have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do with our competition. We take pride in our relationship with our drivers. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Associated topics: cdl a operator, cdl a owner, flatbed owner operator, independent, independent contractor, lease, lp program, own truck, own truck driving, own your own truck
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...