Shaffer Trucking is hiring professional truck drivers to join their Northeast Regional Fleet. On this fleet, you can expect to be on out for six days and home weekly, with at least one day home each weekend. Apply Today!
* Starting Pay: $215 per full day worked * Annual Pay: Drivers on this fleet average $70,000 per year * Days on the road: 6 * Home Time: 1 day off for every 6 out * Fleet Type: Company, Regional * Job Type: Refrigerated
Benefits of Joining Shaffer Trucking
* Increased Cruise Speed * Paid Orientation * Top Pay Certified Carrier * Guaranteed Detention Pay * Congestion Pay * Full Truck Driver Benefits * Health from BCBS, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
* Annual Profit Sharing * Contributed $10 million towards employee profit sharing in 2018!
* Pet Policy * No-Cost Rider Policy * Industry leading CSA Scores * Average Equipment age of 2 years * Dedicated Dispatch 24/7
Crete Carrier Corporation takes pride in hiring the most professional truck drivers the industry has to offer. See our qualifications below.
* Valid Class A CDL * TWIC Card and Alabama coil certificate required for Hunt Transportation. * Four months verifiable tractor trailer experience for Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking* * One-year verifiable tractor trailer experience for Hunt Transportation. * Has passed the required company and DOT physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test and otherwise meets DOT requirements * Has a stable, verifiable work history * Has attained the minimum age of 22 years * Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years * No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years * Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description * Crete Carrier and Shaffer Trucking also accept qualified student drivers who have successfully completed schooling at an approved school.
Founded in 1937, Shaffer Trucking has an over 80-year history of excellence. Joining the Crete Carrier family in 1974, the two companies, along with Hunt Transportation have become one of the nation's largest privately owned transportation companies. Shaffer specializes in temperature-sensitive freight and is a premier carrier for the candy and confectionary industry. At Shaffer Trucking, our drivers are our most valuable asset. As a result, we have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do with our competition. We take pride in our relationship with our drivers. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, fleet management, handler, manager trainee, operations manager, service manager, supervisor, svce, union