Crain's New York Business is seeking an enthusiastic Account Manager to join their dynamic sales team. This is the ideal role for a self-motivated and driven sales professional who loves customized selling based on value and would love to represent a well-established, respected and evolving brand that is deeply connected to the business community.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual who enjoys selling a suite of products: print, digital, custom content solutions, and events, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving in a highly competitive media marketplace.
Must be able to develop deep client relationships to become a valued and trusted partner and generate advertising revenue via new business while growing a current base of advertisers. Come and grow with us in a collaborative, team-based role that boasts a base plus uncapped commission structure.
* 3+ years of successful solutions-based sales experience within a multi-platform/integrated media sales environment
* Creative, strategic and innovative revenue builder recognized for creating winning business strategies and revenue growth
* Ability to anticipate customers' needs, find effective solutions and solve customer problems
* Proven ability to prospect and develop new business as well as manage and grow existing book of business
* Possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as outstanding presentation and listening skills. Comfortable presenting to both agency contacts and clients
* Ability to achieve all sales goals through a focused and strategic approach to sales
* Detail oriented and organized multitasker who thrives in a fast paced and collaborative environment
* Team player who can network and collaborate both internally and externally
* Solutions based sales experience in a business to business environment
* Experience selling combination of print, online, custom content solutions, and events
* Experience representing a NYC focused brand
* Bachelor's degree
Crain's New York Business is the trusted voice of the New York business community connecting large, mid-sized and small businesses across the five boroughs by providing insights, analysis and opinion on how to navigate New York's complex business and political landscape. Crain's features reports on emerging trends, interviews with thought leaders and industry experts, and coverage of commercial opportunities, economic changes, politics and more. Our integrated approach in print, digital, in person events and custom content opportunities align powerful content with a powerful audience.
Click HERE to visit us in our New York office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can't get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor