As a nurse with Correct Care Solutions (CCS), you will have the opportunity to practice patient care the way you've always wanted. Our nurses enjoy competitive pay and benefits in an autonomous though supportive work environment. Numerous growth opportunities are available to our nurses while feeling that they are continually using their nursing skills and abilities.
As a CCS Nurse, you'll treat patients who typically go without access to health care. For patients that reside in a corrections or psychiatric hospital environment, the friendly, compassionate and nonjudgmental interaction that you provide can be a highlight in their day. If your passion is to make a difference, join CCS today.
Our Licensed Practical Nurse assists with the provision of comprehensive psychiatric and medical care within the scope of their practice and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Licensed Practical Nurse makes and receives assignments, sets priorities and participates in program services as assigned.
**Education for Licensed Practical Nurse:**
+ Graduate from an accredited nursing school
**Experience for Licensed Practical Nurse:**
+ One (1) year of experience in an acute care and/or forensic setting preferred
**Licenses/Certifications for Licensed Practical Nurse:**
+ Must hold a current, unrestricted nursing license in the state of practice or qualify for licensing through reciprocity arrangements with other states
1. Assists in providing comprehensive nursing care services including; treatment, recovery plan development, implementation of the plan of care and evaluation of the effectiveness of nursing intervention.
2. Demonstrates thorough understanding of all requirements, practice standards and regulatory requirements relating to the administration of medications, hospital policy and procedures, documentation requirements, medication education.
3. Responsible for the safe transport and administration of both controlled and non-controlled medications to patients.
4. Demonstrates thorough knowledge and therapeutic intervention skills based on knowledge of psychiatric mental health disorders; human growth and development, principles of psychiatric rehabilitation (recovery model), providing care within scope of practice.
5. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all applicable nursing services and related policy and procedures including adequate knowledge of The Joint Commission (TJC) standards as related to position. Proper utilization of medical equipment including glucometer.
6. Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position. Compliance in all mandatory Human Resources requirements.
7. Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patient as an individual, and considers the culture of the patient when providing care and treatment.
8. Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
9. Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
10. Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
11. Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
12. Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to be the first to hear about new opportunities
Joining our Talent Community will enhance your job search and application process.
? Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
? Receive relevant communications and updates from Wellpath.
? Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email