Location New England, MA (On-Premises)
Primary Office Boston North
820 Livingston St.
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Duration Full Time
Desired Education High School / GED
Desired Experience 0-3 Years
Banking Industry and ATM experience preferred
DMP, Lenel, Axis and March Networks Certification is also preferred
This position can be based from either our Tewksbury or Sharon office.
Responsibilities 1.Responds to routine and some non-routine customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency service calls on a timely basis; will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug systems for routine problems; installs projects as necessary.
- Identifies and resolves problems for many types of service calls including emergency and after-hours calls; analyzes repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed; exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Completes accurate and detailed service reports for customer and Convergint to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
- Acts as our customer's best service provider at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customer's first choice for service.
- Executes all service calls in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Provides technical support to end users and field labor when applicable. Proactively seeks technical guidance from more experience staff for difficult and unusual situations.
- Keeps up to date and informed on all company products, services and policies.
- Presents a professional image of Convergint Technologies at all times in appearance and behavior and seeks opportunities to promote the services offered by the company.
- Communicates with and work with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations of the Convergint Technology Center and company.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Skills Developing exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being promptedDeveloping technical skills and experience related to electronic security and/or other systems interfaced with same
Programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
Must be a self-starter and work well with direct supervision
Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper)
Valid drivers license required.
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Basic organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple service needs simultaneously
Proficient computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Convergint Technologies is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at uscareers.convergint.com/careers.
Associated topics: client, help, help desk, information technology analyst, network, patient, technician i, technician ii, technician iii, technician iv