Location , TX (On-Premises)
Primary Office Houston
4250 N. Sam Houston Pkwy E.
Houston, TX 77032
Duration Full Time
Desired Education High School / GED
Desired Experience 3-5 Years
- Minimum of three years of previous, relevant field experience required
- Previous construction experience including some level of electrical or a low voltage background
- Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: electronic/electrical, fire alarm & life safety, data-cable installation and/or building automation
- Experience with EST products a plus.
Responsibilities We are looking for a full-time fire alarm technician to join our Houston team with at least 3-5 years of fire alarm systems experience.Main job responsibilities:
- Installs, programs, test, repairs, and/or services fire alarm & life safety systems with minimal guidance.
- Works closely with customers and internal colleagues in providing technical installation support and training. Assists and trains less experienced installers or technicians. Handles the more complex issues that have been referred by less-experienced colleagues.
- Interprets a wide variety of manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing advanced knowledge of electronics and using standard test instruments and hand tools.
- Provides a variety of installation assistance as directed by project lead. Assit with training new or less experienced colleagues.
- Accountable for maximizing customer satisfaction. Acts as our customers best service provider at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customers first choice for service. Takes ownership of onsite project including safety, quality and performance. Observes and practices Convergint Quality Standards.
- Makes suggestions for installation methods to improve profitability and quality.
- Responsible for providing basic hand tools as required to perform the daily tasks of the position.
- Works closely with the Project Manager and assists in the overall coordination of installations; makes recommendations regarding quality of work and potential changes in scope, and identifies ways to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Skills - Proficient construction skills and understanding of system plansExcellent understanding of blueprints, design drawings including wiring and labeling methods, system wiring, wiring methods, and cable support installation (J-Hook, Raceway, Conduit, Cable Support)Very familiar with basic blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures unassisted.Basic technical programming skillsExcellent customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being promptedStrong mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper) and ability to read blueprints and drawings; solid math skills (for some positions, this may include calculating area, velocity, resistance, voltage, etc.)Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Other - NICET certification a plusValid driver's license and clean driving recordCurrent fire license or ability to pass certification training within 6 months
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Convergint Technologies is not
currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Convergint Technologies offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at uscareers.convergint.com/careers.
Associated topics: developer, gis, gis analyst, gis consultant, gis system analyst, instrument, property, software, survey mapping technician, survey technician