At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings and office market growing rapidly and showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving and growing our offerings from hosting meetings and events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
We are looking for two talented designers with either architecture or interior design degrees who are passionate about hospitality space planning.
What You'll Do:
* Utilize Revit to develop space planning studies on a weekly basis to determine project feasibility from a design and revenue standpoint. The developed studies allow executive leadership to understand planning metrics in their efforts to achieve critical consensus on real estate opportunities. * Develop furniture layouts to support optimal space utilization and support behavioral trends. * Assess operational flow of large-scale meetings, events, and workplace facilities throughout the pre - design process. * Work cross functionally and collaborate with senior design leadership, real estate, and internal strategy / product teams to drive implementation of Convene's design, ratio and typology standards throughout the pre - design process. The ability to use existing spatial typologies in their work. * Clearly articulate project criteria and all requirements to downfield receivers. * Conduct preliminary due diligence on potential Convene locations.
What We Look For:
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field from an accredited school. * Demonstrated success in a dynamic, high-growth environment. * 3+ years of space planning experience. * Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD. * Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). * Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas. * The ability to imagine potential and structure in a raw space. * You understand the \"why\" behind a design.. * You are tenacious and possess strong problem solving skills; you look for the opportunity within the proble.
Convene designs and services premium places to work, meet, and host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, and has been named one of America's 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes and a Best Workplace by both Inc. and Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
* 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work? * 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S. * #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine * #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
* Supportive work environment and leaders who are focused on your professional growth * Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year. * Flexible PTO and family leave * 401k match * Excellent health coverage for team members and their families * Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies * Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.