CSI is accepting resumes for the following opportunity. If interested, please forward your resume and contact information and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Middleware Engineer / WebShere, IIS, MQ
Location: Newark, NJ
Duration: 6+ month contract to hire (USC, GC, or GCEAD only)
Interview process: Phone and WebEx
Req. # 19-01244
Contact: Brian Anderson
This position is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and participating in the implementations / enhancements and operations of Middleware Engineering platforms and services.
- Design, implement and follow engineering standards and guidelines to design, build, and operate Middleware technology solutions in support of business applications.
- Perform day to day operations to maintain 24X7 SLAs for business functions and resolve issues through level 2 / level 3 for all services under the control of the Middleware Engineering team.
- Represent Middleware team in Change Review meetings.
- Develop and implement appropriate troubleshooting tools/ technologies / strategies for proactively identifying problems including steps to quickly triage issues leading to faster time to resolution.
- Communicate effectively within and across multiple teams including vendors when required.
- Track and document Middleware infrastructure implementation components across applications and technologies.
- Produce documentation of Middleware environments and partner with associated teams in creating operations documents.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the Middleware technology space.
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and solutions to improve operational excellence.
- Participate in on call support rotation.
- Minimum three years of experience in operationally supporting Middleware technologies including Application server (IBM WAS - version 8/9), IIS / Client, and Messaging (IBM MQ).
- Working experience with IBM WebSphere DataPower Integration appliances is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Middleware technologies and operational process.
- Experience with Linux, AIX, and Windows operating systems.
- Prior experience in end to end Middleware/systems automation and orchestration using vendor products or open source tools.
- Broad understanding of Security protocols including HTTPS, SSL.
- Working knowledge of Unix Shell scripting/Python/standard scripting tools.
- Experience in building and rolling out Middleware environments in topologies that meet both High availability and Disaster Recovery requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
- Implementation requirements may result in extended hours and weekend work.
- Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical, along with the ability to lead team or individual presentations.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to develop and follow project plans.
- 5+ years related IT work experience
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: content, document, documentation, documentation specialist, excel, log, msword, ms office, technical writing, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...