CNC Machinist - Third Shift
Compensation: $86,800.00 - $129,420.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Purpose: Produces parts that meet requirements using a variety of CNC and/or manual equipment to manufacture parts following written and verbal instruction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates a variety of CNC and/or manual machines where set-up is well defined with limited supervision
- Operates more complex CNC & manual machines where setup is assisted or set up by another
- Aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Read blueprints, drawings, CNC programs and engineering instructions to ensure conformance to specifications of precision parts.
- Inspects precision parts given a defined inspection process. Calculates dimensions, tolerances and machine offset adjustments using knowledge of mathematics and precision inspection instruments. Performs in-process inspection.
- Meets basic metrology requirements, inspects precision parts given a defined inspection process.
- Maintains close tolerance dimensions while producing parts at the rates established for a particular operation.
- Identifies and participates in resolving machining problems in order to produce defect free parts
- Provides training & technical assistance to less experienced employees.
- Performs various production operations such as: bead blasting, surface finishing, part masking, general inspection, deburring parts, packing parts to be processed.
- May move, handle and dispense various chemicals and handle chemical waste.
- Continually rotate through a variety of manufacturing processes, performing all types of tasks in a cell/team environment.
- Performs other related tasks including but not limited to performing housekeeping tasks required to keep the work area safe, clean and organized.
- Completes all training requirements and follows established procedures (FDA cGMP, ISO, OSHA, etc.).
- Maintains 5S standards and supports continuous improvement activities.
- Moves, handles and dispenses various chemicals and handles chemical waste.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements: Minimum of two years experience in operating CNC production equipment.
Knowledge Requirements: Given routine set-ups and adjustments using simple offsets with only limited supervision, qualified candidates must have demonstrated competency in the set-up and operation of 2 or more of the following machine categories: 1) 3-axis CNC mills, 2) 2-axis CNC lathes, 3) manual lathe/mill/grinder with simple set-up and parts, 4) electrical discharge machines (wire or sinker), 5) CNC Grinders (5-axis, other), 6) electro-chemical grinders (CNC or manual), 7) crush form grinders, and/or 8) operate CNC mill turns including minor adjustments set-up by another. Adjust tool wear offsets, adjust work (fixture) offsets and safely perform mid-program starts Posses a basic understanding of the mechanical steps required to install and align the designated tools and hardware for metal cutting/fabricating operations. Posses the ability to follow verbal and written instructions, read and interpret blueprints, apply shop math and basic metrology tools and have the ability to learn the more advanced metrology skills.
Physical requirements: Must be able to perform work at a bench height of 37. 5' to 42'. Must be able to stand for up to eight hours per day, ability to move about, bends, stoops, uses hands and lift up to 35 pounds unassisted. Unaided visual acuity or corrected visual acuity should be at least 20/40 in each eye at infinity (20 feet) as well as near vision acuity with the ability to distinguish colors.
This job is not eligible for employer-visa sponsorship.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 800-###-#### option #3.
Associated topics: automated, automated machinery, cnc, cnc machine, cnc machining, composite laminator, computer aided design, fabrication, precision, precision machining
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...