* *Schedule*: P/T- 5:00PM -10:00PM. More details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Previous janitorial or custodial experience preferred.
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
*/This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the 'job search' in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on 'referral tracking.' For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email /*/*...@compass-usa.com**.*// *Click*/ */here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position./*
*Summary:* Keeps buildings clean and orderly. Performs heavy cleaning duties, including cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Collects and disposes of trash following approved procedures and infection control plans.
* Dusts and damp mops floors following approved procedures.
* Moves equipment and furniture for proper cleaning and place furniture back in correct placement.
* Cleans assigned areas with the use of assigned materials and equipment. Sanitize all surfaces. Follows the eight-step cleaning procedure.
* Washes walls, windows, furniture, baseboards and other items to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
* Seeks out areas requiring cleaning; takes initiative to complete the task.
* Completes all tasks assigned by supervisor.
* Performs tasks in accordance with all federal, state and county guidelines.
* Strips, scrubs, buffs and refinishes floors; shampoos carpet.
* Contributes to the team; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./