FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (PART-TIME) MONDAY-FRIDAY @ Lancaster General Hospital
Compensation: $20,295.00 - $26,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
*Posted Date:* Sep 3, 2019
* We have openings for a part-time *FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER *position.
* *Location*: 555 N Duke St. Lancaster, PA 17602 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Monday-Friday. 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM.
* *Requirement*: Previous cashier experience preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and caf?s feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's \"Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013\" and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
*Summary:* Performs cashiering duties, including general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
* Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping, dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
* Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
* Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Relays relevant information to supervisor.
* Performs sales transactions.
* Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
* Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment.
* Issues receipts to customers.
* Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
* Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts, ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
* Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while maintaining service area cleanliness.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 317322
Associated topics: cleaner, cleaning, dishwasher steward, housekeeping, kitchen utility, lavavajillas, limpieza de cocina, service assistant, utensils, wash
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...