*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
*/Current Associates:/* */This position has a $250 Employee Referral Bonus! Know someone you would like to refer?/* / Have them apply to this posting via this direct link or at/ / and/ /ask them to provide your name in the \"If referred by current employee\" section of the online application./
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
*Summary:* Performs cashiering duties, including making cash transactions, verifying cash drawer, giving change, counting cash receipts and completing cash reports. May also perform general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Performs sales transactions in a timely fashion.
* Enters all sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
* Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment; issues receipts to customers.
* Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
* Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
* Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
* Observes customer purchases in the cafe line and differentiates between standard portions.
* Replenishes condiments, coffee, other beverages and general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service areas.
* Keeps pastry case stocked.
* Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
* Ensures compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./