CASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKER (FULL-TIME)
Compensation: $24,175.00 - $30,370.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
*Posted Date:* Nov 4, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *CASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKER* position.
* *Location*: Horace Mann School - 225 West 246th Street, Bronx, NY 10471 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: F/T - 7:30AM - 4:00PM. More details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Previous food service or cash handling experience preferred.
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
*WE MAKE IT EASY!*
* You can now *chat or text-to-apply*, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text *JOB* to *75000* & search for the requisition ID number 340163 . Click here to view more.
* You can now *prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIKs steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring today and every day.
*Full time associates at FLIK are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Operates Point of Sale system, assists the Chef, prepares coffee, and keeps the coffee and cashier stations clean.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Helps prepare foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods and desserts. Also helps prepare catering orders.
* Performs cashier duties using the POS system.
* Perform general cleaning duties; removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
* Provides service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
* Cashiers according to established procedures, maintaining cash accuracy with receipts. Makes deposits at the end of each shift.
* Inventories and restocks supplies and food products.
* Sets up serving line, ensuring temperatures are taken, recorded and within acceptable ranges; notifies cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
* Serves hot and cold items to customers.
* Sets up items for purchase on daily basis.
* Keeps refrigerator stocked and product rotated using the first in, first out rule.
* Stocks pantries with correct par levels of food items on a daily basis. Records replenished amounts on floor stock form for each unit. Records refrigerator temperatures on floor stock form daily.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 340163
Associated topics: clean, dishwasher steward, duties, kitchen utility, lavavajillas, limpieza de cocina, plates, sanitation, steward, washer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...