* Requisition no: 503278 * Work type: Full Time * Location: Medical Center * School/Department: P&S Vice Dean For Research * Grade: Grade 103 * Categories: General Administration
The Office for Research in the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons is seeking a Grants Coordinator to join the Pre-Award Core team. Under the supervision of the Director, the Grants Coordinator will provide support for all grant related pre-award administrative activities for the Basic Science Departments and other participating departments at P&S. The major function of this position is to assist faculty in submission and pre-award administration of grants and contracts including annual progress reports and subawards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assists PI's in the development, review, and submission of all Federal, State, and foundation grants and contracts applications. Manages timelines and the overall progression of submission to ensure the on-time completion of high quality, responsive and compliant proposal applications; * Trains under the direction of the Director and other senior staff to continuously develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of federal rules and regulations that govern research grants as well as stays informed about sponsor terms and conditions for submitting and administering grant awards; * Assists with preparation of grant budgets and budget justifications based on the aims provided and RFA requirements in full compliance with sponsor/donor and CU policies, as well as engages outside collaborators, and establishes subcontracts; * Maintains detailed, up-to-date records of PI's other support, bio-sketches, and grant submission documents; * Responds to RFA's and summary statements and addresses issues prior to submission; * Ensures progress reports are prepared and submitted as required by sponsoring program; * Tracks the status of pending applications, follows up with investigator regarding review/funding status of application; * Ensures files are complete for awarded applications, follows up with investigators and/or administrators regarding missing information; * Maintains standards: budget templates, standardized checklists for core staff and PI's tailored to the sponsor/mechanism, standardized filing system using shared drives, updated resources and facilities; * Prepares summary reports of applications submissions and outcomes to Director of Pre-Award; * Develops and maintains a positive relationship with funding agencies, collaborating organizations and multiple internal offices. Trains under the direction of Senior Staff to gain a deep knowledge and expertise in grants administration; * Works collaboratively and cooperatively with faculty, grant writers, VP&S proposal development and Pre-Award team, and all aspects of grant administration.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience plus two years of related experience required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
* A bachelor's degree in biological science or business/administration degree such as finance, accounting, business administration, business, public health, public administration, or a directly related field. Prior experience in an academic grant funded environment preferred.
* Demonstrated customer service focus with the ability to interact and collaborate with multiple constituencies as well as capacity to work with a high degree of independence and successfully within a deadline driven, multi-tasking operating environment. Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects. Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative, patience, and resourcefulness in adapting to sudden changes.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Sep 19 2019 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share
Associated topics: fund, funding, grant, grant administration, grant administrator, grant management, proposal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.