* Requisition no: 503073 * Work type: Full Time * Location: Medical Center * School/Department: Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center * Grade: Grade 103 * Categories: Administrative Support, Compliance, General Administration
The Data Coordinator manages and reconciles data for clinical trials conducted through the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, CPDM office. This position reports to directly to the Clinical Research Manager of the specific disease site this incumbent is assigned to.
* Reviewing research protocols for appropriate data management * Reviewing data at each study visit for completeness, the reconciliation of data queries and discrepancies, prospective data entry of ongoing research activities, and other activities related to data management * Working with the research nurse, study coordinators, and Principal Investigators to ensure data quality, integrity and compliance with all regulatory institutional and department requirements * Maintaining patient research records and will work in conjunction with a study team to gather all required data and relevant clinical information * Working with the study team to resolve any outstanding items
* Coordination of monitoring visits * Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus 2 years of related experience
* Experience in a clinical research setting with knowledge of HIPAA and GCP * Experience with paper Case Report Forms (CRFs) and/or electronic research databases * Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures specifically related to oncology
* Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills * Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment * Ability to exercise professional judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters * Computer Skills: proficiency with MS Word programs and familiarity with Mac and PC platforms * Type other requirements and/or special indicators if CUIMC
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Sep 13 2019 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.