* Requisition no: 503540 * Work type: Full Time * Location: Medical Center * School/Department: Medicine * Grade: Grade 103 * Categories: Research (Lab and Non-Lab) * Job Type: Officer of Administration * Bargaining Unit: N/A * Regular/Temporary: Regular * End Date if Temporary: N/A * Hours Per Week: 35 * Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Clinical Research Coordinator will provide support for research activities in the Division of Nephrology, at the Center for Medical Genetics and Genomics. The Clinical Research Coordinator will be responsible for patient recruitment for genetic and non-genetic studies.
* Performs collection of clinical information and follow-up data from medical records. * Obtains informed consent and administers standardized questionnaires. * Schedules and organizes study visits, and performs follow-up visits. * Maintains detailed study files and completes paper and electronic case report forms. * Ensures proper storage of human samples, performs data entry, and maintains database and provides recruitment reports. * Ensures data quality, integrity and compliance with all regulatory, institutional, and departmental requirements. * Assists with data analysis and participates in preparation of manuscripts and grant reports. * Performs additional related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education, training and experience, plus two years of related experience. * Close attention to detail and strong interpersonal communication skills. * Must be a team player and have ability to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, and patients. * Proficiency in standard spreadsheet and database software.
* Spanish language skills
* Participation in the medical surveillance program * Contact with patients and/or human research subjects * Potential bloodborne pathogen exposure * Will be required to undergo institutional Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and HIPAA certification training * Successful completion of applicable systems training requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Sep 27 2019 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share
Associated topics: cytometry, histologist, histology, immunoassay, industrial hygienist, kinesiology, medicine, nephrology, patient, pharmacology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.