* Requisition no: 503454 * Work type: Full Time * Location: Morningside * School/Department: Columbia Technology Ventures * Grade: Grade 10 * Categories: General Administration * Job Type: Officer of Administration * Bargaining Unit: * Regular/Temporary: Regular * End Date if Temporary: * Hours Per Week: 35 hrs * Salary Range:
Columbia Technology Ventures is the technology transfer office for Columbia University and a central location for many of the technology development initiatives, entrepreneurial activities, external industry collaborations, and commercially-oriented multidisciplinary technology innovations across the university. CTV's core mission is to facilitate the transfer of inventions from academic research labs to the market for the benefit of society on a local, national, and global basis. Each year, CTV manages more than 350 invention disclosures, 100 license deals, and 20 new IP-backed start-ups, involving over 750 inventors across Columbia's campuses. CTV currently has over 1200 patent assets available for licensing, across research fields such as bio, IT, clean tech, devices, big data, nanotechnology, materials science, and more.
Over the years, CTV has been involved with launching well over 200 companies based on Columbia's technologies, and has also founded several technology initiatives to accelerate the path to market for promising technologies, including the PowerBridgeNY clean energy proof-of-concept center, the NYC Media Lab Combine, and the Columbia Biomedical Technology Accelerator. CTV has also worked closely with Industry partnerships to develop collaborations and funding programs for translational research in the life sciences.
CTV's efforts are backed by 45 full time staff and an additional 30+ graduate student interns (CTV Fellows), providing broad support to the Columbia community and other stakeholders. CTV also runs an Executive-in-Residence program, which brings seasoned industry executives, serial entrepreneurs, and investors to campus to support faculty and student entrepreneurial activities.
The Alliance Coordinator will report to the Business Development Officer and support the growing portfolio of life science focused industry alliances, with a focus on a newly-launched life science accelerator. Duties include: collaborating with the Business Development Officer to initiate new industry collaborations, leading initiatives with existing industry collaborations, working with Columbia Investigators, and industry sponsors, to develop requests-for-proposals (RFP); leading RFP marketing efforts and outreach to Columbia Investigators; serve as the primary contact for investigators submitting proposals and maintaining interaction with Investigators during the pre- and post-award process; working with the licensing and patent teams at CTV to determine project eligibility; leading steering committee meetings and managing meeting logistics ; serve as primary point of contact for the industry sponsor; and performing administrative tasks as needed. The Alliance Coordinator will work closely with the industry sponsor, CTV, the Lab to Market Accelerator Network as well as other organizations within Columbia to implement the Industry Sponsored Collaboration as well as explore additional opportunities for collaboration with Life Science Companies. The Business Development Officer may request the Coordinator to perform other roles as needed.
* Acting as the Columbia representative and first point of contact for the industry sponsored collaboration and responsible for all aspects of communication and reporting between Columbia and Industry Sponsors, management of the RFP and review process, management of project budgets, coordination of event and meeting logistics, and performing administrative tasks.
* Duties include: * Collaborate with the Business Development Officer to initiate new industry collaborations * Leading initiatives with existing industry collaborations * Liaise with Columbia Investigators, and industry sponsors, to develop requests-for-proposals (RFP) * Lead RFP marketing efforts and outreach to Columbia Investigators * Serve as the primary contact for investigators submitting proposals and maintaining interaction with Investigators during the pre- and post-award process * Partner with the licensing and patent teams at CTV to determine project eligibility * Lead steering committee meetings and managing meeting logistics * Serve as primary point of contact for the industry sponsor * Perform administrative tasks as needed * Work closely with the industry sponsor, CTV, the Lab to Market Accelerator Network as well as other organizations within Columbia to implement the Industry Sponsored Collaboration as well as explore additional opportunities for collaboration with Life Science Companies
* The Business Development Officer may assign additional projects and duties, as needed
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent minimum related experience. * The most important criteria for this job are an extraordinary ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently, and to track projects over time at varying degrees of detail. * Must have outstanding organizational skills and be extremely detail-oriented in a high-volume dynamic environment. * Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential. * Must be able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities, and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
* Science PhD, JD, MBA, or other graduate degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Sep 26 2019 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share
Associated topics: adventure, branch, lifeguard, middle school, music, neighborhood, resident, ride attendant, site, worship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.