Underwriting Consultant - National Accounts Property
: $96,570.00 - $157,290.00 /year *
: Financial Services - Insurance
Loading some great jobs for you...
This Underwriting Consultant role is with our NAP (National Accounts Property) unit. Under technical direction, responsible for underwriting property risks in a book of business. Works within specific limits of authority on assignments requiring significant technical complexity and coordination. Utilizes underwriting policies and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
The location for this role can be flexible.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Works on highly complex underwriting risks employing diagnostic and systematic analysis to assess acceptability. Develops specialized endorsement language for highly complex risk.
2. Determines appropriate pricing of complex risks for assigned book of business based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements and with little oversight needed from superiors.
3. Makes recommendations on underwriting policy and pricing strategy.
4. Analyzes quality, quantity, and profitability of highly complex risks underwritten; prepares and presents reports to management.
5. Markets products and services through agencies or through the brokerage community and makes field visits.
6. Develops and maintains agency and/or broker relationships with large producers within the assigned territory to reach positive and profitable outcomes on complex, high-risk business.
7. Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends. May participate in industry trade groups.
8. Mentors and guides less experienced underwriters and assists in the development of underwriting training.
9. Utilizes advanced functionality in relevant CNA systems to perform day-to-day activities.
10. Responsible for special underwriting projects and presentations.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced technical expertise, underwriting skill and high level of knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum eight years underwriting experience.
'228965 Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.