The US Field Marketing Team members are responsible for the commercial launch planning and execution of rucaparib in advanced ovarian cancer. This will entail ownership over the development and execution of mission critical strategies and tactics that ensure optimal positioning, demand, utilization, and overall growth of the brand. The Field Marketing Manager/Sr. Field Marketing Manager will manage commercial deliverables for thought leader engagement and peer-to-peer initiatives.
While the core responsibilities of this role will be the Key Customer deliverables outlined below, the success of this launch will require talented marketers with the ability to significantly contribute beyond their role. This includes all aspects of marketing and brand management. The FMM is the central point of contact with Key Opinion Leaders and as such is responsible for driving the organization's strategy as it relates to all peer-to-peer activities, executive engagements, and relationship management for specific KOLs.
The FMM will also champion and drive strategic insight gathering engagements including steering committees and advisory boards. Further, the FMM team will be responsible for delivering a best in class speakers' bureau as well as other non-personal peer to peer programs that align with brand strategy.
Champion all commercial Thought Leader engagement supporting tactics and Peer-to-Peer deliverables for US launch of rucaparib in advanced ovarian cancer and other approved indications.
* Support the Field Marketing Team engagement efforts with key thought leaders
* Create and lead a thought leader/customer development plan that yields optimal advocacy and stalwart relationships with key customers
* Lead thought leader recruitment efforts for speaker's bureau and marketing-related key customer efforts
* Contribute to building and managing an industry leading Peer-to-Peer platform including speaker bureau vendor management, coordinating and executing speaker training and development of on label content that aligns with brand strategy and messaging
* Initiate, lead and execute non-bureau Peer-to-Peer tactics. Participate and contribute to the annual advisory board plan for National, Regional and Community Oncologists, Gynecologic Oncologists, and to inform commercial strategies across customer groups
* Share ownership in the development and execution of the overall brand strategy pre and post - US launch
* Identify gaps, challenges and opportunities with targeted KOLs and create engagement action plan
* Contribute to organizational success at national and regional scientific conferences
* Consistently and independently takes a leadership role to drive accountability for success through aligning teams around common goals
* Develops business case for new strategic engagement platforms with internal stakeholders, as appropriate
* Build advocacy for the organization with national thought leaders
* Manage KOL relationships at a national level?This requires an understanding of competitive dynamics, social networks, and collaborative opportunities
* Identify how and when to utilize KOLs for specific projects and marketing initiatives
* Determine timing, placement, and key objectives for advisory boards
* Develop the focus and content of steering committee to support annual brand plan and align with company objectives. This requires strategic foresight to see the big-picture and anticipate future needs, challenges, and trends
* Optimize speaker bureau with thoughtful management of influential leaders in the gyn onc space, identifying geographical needs, developing engaging program delivery options, and consistently assessing impact on the field and ROI
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills leading to the ability to foster relationships, build alignment, negotiate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
* High energy, creativity, and aptitude for handling multiple tasks concurrently
* Strong teamwork, collaboration, communication and presentation skills are required
* Mastery of MS Office, including Power Point and Excel are required
* Project Management experience and experience with internal Medical, Legal, Regulatory Process is preferred
* Ability to develop solutions to complex problems requiring the use of ingenuity and creativity; to formulate approaches and strategies which may fall outside of traditional norms
* Possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
* 6+ years pharmaceutical and biotech experience demonstrating strong progression within US oncology commercial i.e. brand marketing, sales training, field sales, etc.
* Product launch experience preferred
* Home office and field sales experience preferred
* 2+ Years Pharma/Biotech marketing experience preferred
* 2+ Years Thought leader and speaker bureau management experience preferred
* 2+ Years Pharma/Biotech people management experience preferred
* Broad experience and knowledge base through progression within the function preferred
* Oncology and Ovarian Cancer Experience Preferred
* Frequent travel (65% +) is required. Must be geographically located near a major U.S. airport. Position will be responsible for supporting the Northeast Region of the US.