The Associate Director is responsible for coordination efforts across the agency. He/she manages the project management team. He/she organizes, monitors and routes all jobs through the agency for his/her account(s). He/she supports the Director of Project Management with new business projects, department initiatives and helps train, monitor, evaluate and supervise the workload of the department.
* Oversee the Project Management department * Coordinate job flow/creative process within the Agency in an organized and efficient manner, which includes: * Open job number and job site on blink when requested from account service * Prepare and maintain job site on SharePoint to reflect accurate job history * Setup and attend all start-up and internal review meetings * Develop timelines with input from relevant departments * Update timelines based on client and/or internal changes (keeping accurate timelines throughout the life of a job is extremely important) * Remind the team of upcoming due dates and alert the other team members if agreed upon due dates are not going to be met, both internally and externally * Route jobs through all relevant departments via eRouting system and secure signatures at all stages of the job. Ensure cover sheets are complete and contain all relevant information for each job * Schedule and attend digital build-kit handoff meetings with the internal development team (Account Services will setup when working with third-party digital vendors). Work closely with UX, DAP, AD, and Account Services to ensure all relevant materials (manuscript, functional specs, sitemap, wireframes, etc.) are prepared and QC'd internally prior to build kit hand-off meeting * Monitor and assist team members in following the JFP (keep documentation of any skipped steps/signatures) * If procedures are not followed, alert the Director of Project Management * Review and approve direct reports timesheets * Demonstrate proficient use of Dynamics for timesheets * Submit accurate timesheets on a daily basis * Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to plan a complete product launch * Demonstrate proficient use of SharePoint * Develop and distribute the daily and nightly internal status reports (daily by 9:30 am and nightly by 4pm) * Coordinate and run weekly status meetings * Attend client status meeting/select client calls when appropriate to proactively track and address key project deliverables * Work closely with Account Services to ensure daily client hot-sheets and weekly client status reports are accurate, alerting Account Services to necessary updates * Monitor jobs and alert team to possible delays/issues, assure open communication among team members * Develop knowledge of Client's process/procedures and the people involved--and interact appropriately * Assist peers when workload permits * Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by the Director of Project Management
* Help organize, monitor and supervise the workload of the Project Management department * Help train new employees in the Project Management department * Discuss any issues/concerns or decisions regarding the Project Management Department with the Director of Project Management and work closely with him/her to resolve any issues that need to be addressed * Help monitor quality control standards of the department to assure that all work meets the highest possible standards of accuracy * Make recommendations to Director of Project Management for any workload adjustments * Assist Project Coordinators with their daily/nightly reports, either by looking over it with them or contacting team members to ascertain the expectations * Help Director of Project Management evaluate performance of department team members * Help Director of Project Management manage and resolve staff issues including performance, personal presentation and internal interactions * Recommend adjustments/additions to the roles and procedures of the Project Management Department to achieve continuous improvement and efficiency across all accounts and/or the agency * Support Director of Project Management with launch and convention planning * Support Director of Project Management with new business initiatives
* Monitor and assure continual adherence to basic practices, procedures and reporting for consistency across all accounts in the department * Responsible for reviewing all digital timelines across all coordinators so that job deadlines are met (in conjunction with the Director of Project Management) * Responsible for the department needs when the Director of Project Management is not in the office * Help interview, train, and orient new department team members to the agency, departments and accounts * Communicate effectively and professionally * Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects * Remain calm despite high pressure situations * Project a professional, positive attitude toward peers and clients * Foster a positive team atmosphere and establish credibility * Ensure that all materials produced are accurate by assuring that the quality control steps are not skipped in the Job Flow Process * Help develop ideas to make the project management department and the agency run more efficiently
* College degree preferred * 3-5 years Project Management advertising supervisory experience * Excellent written and oral communication skills * Detail oriented * Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines * Positive/helpful attitude
* Always ask why-of your teammates, your clients, and yourself. And don't stop there-keep asking questions * Be respectful of others' ideas, opinions, and diverse backgrounds * Be flexible and adaptive to new ways of doing things
* Speak your mind?and your heart * Courageously step forward to try something new and help others to do the same * Be brave enough to defend your opinions-and brave enough to change them
* Be proactive and push things forward * Reach out to offer help and raise your hand to ask for help * Go out of your way to show gratitude
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.