Pharmacy Technician Ambulatory
Compensation: $29,850.00 - $40,110.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance and support for the registered pharmacist in the ambulatory/outpatient setting.
* Prepares prescription orders for dispensing to patients and maintains inventory for the outpatient pharmacy.
* Assists with the extemporaneous compounding of prescriptions and the bulk compounding of prescription and over-the-counter items.
* Operates the point-of-sale cash register system according to department policies while ensuring positive patient experience during transactions.
* Assists in inventory management including monitoring and acting on reorder points, restocking prescriptions and non-prescriptions areas and removal of expiring products.
* Performs technical functions within assigned pharmacy to ensure timely and accurate outpatient prescription services.
* May be asked to provide multi-pharmacy support in an assigned area of focus. Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program preferred.
* Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) verified through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
* Upon hire, registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, Registered Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy. Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy is required within 6 months.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
* Six month of hospital experience preferred.
* Typical physical demands include ability to perform the job while standing, reaching, stretching, stooping, and sitting for prolonged times; manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer, dispensing functions of the job; ability to lift up to 20 lbs. while walking, stooping, bending and reaching.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: ascp, laboratory, medical, mls, mlt, pathology, technician, technician i, technician ii, testing
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...