The Sales Support Specialist is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
* Sales Support Specialist provides sales support coverage across all PFSS products globally, specifically around the creation and maintenance of RFP, RFI and DDQ responses and pitchbooks
* This particular role supports the creation and timely delivery of responses to prospective client proposals, coordinating closely with sales and client executive leads
* Responsible for coordinating with subject matter experts to ensure standard responses held within relevant systems and content library are kept current and accurate
* Individual ensures information in responses is consistent with business objectives and strategic messaging, as well as aligned with the specific needs of the client or prospect
* Leading strong governance and controls:
* Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
* Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
* Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm's reputation.
* Be familiar with and adhere to Citi's Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
* Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
* 5-8 years of experience
* Sales support and/or marketing experience
* Excellent knowledge of the Investor Services and/or traditional asset manager business
* Excellent computer skills with MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
* Proven communications and project management skills
* Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (\"Citi\") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the \"EEO is the Law\" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE. Associated topics: financial advisor, financial professional, financial service, merchant service solution, mortgage, payment, risk management, securities, security, treasury
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.