Senior Accountant Financial & Regulatory Reporting Hedge
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 7,000 employees in 45 countries, we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. Citco holds the accolade for being the world s preeminent hedge fund administrator, striking NAVs worth more than twice the assets of its nearest rival and winning awards globally for service excellence and technology innovation.
A career at Citco is not just a job it is an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The CFS Financial Statement Reporting and CFS Regulatory Reporting operational teams reside in the Citco Fund Services (Malvern), Inc. ( CFS Malvern ) location and the CFS Malvern is the only member of its US consolidated group that provides these financial statement reporting and regulatory reporting services.
The financial and regulatory reporting services are available to clients of Citco Fund Services Companies worldwide. Our specialized financial statement and regulatory reporting teams are primarily based in our Malvern location with additional team members are based in our, Cork, Toronto and Manila locations.
As a Financial & Regulatory Reporting Senior Accountant, this role reports into the Reporting Manager. As part of the team you will be responsible for preparation and review of annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Under limited supervision, prepare and review annual, semi-annual and quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP or IFRS, as required. Compile and review the balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes, cash flow, footnotes and additional schedules as required.
- Compile and advise on monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports such as Form PF, Form SLT and others.
- Contribute to strong regulatory reporting relationships through interactions with internal parties, client, regulators (SEC) and audit firm personnel.
- Writing and/or reviewing various reports related to engagements.
- Prepare adhoc reports for the client upon request. Troubleshoot Fund Accounting and client issues. Attend meetings and training to enhance knowledge.
- Troubleshoot Fund Accounting and client issues.
- Ensure accuracy of footnote disclosures via review of legal documents governing the fund.
- Present to or exchange information internally, with clients and outside auditors.
- Coordinate year-end financial statement process.
- Identify errors or problems and independently investigate; recommend solutions to team members or supervisors.
- Work under limited supervision while following established procedures.
- Suggest methods and procedures for new work assignments, reviewing with supervisor for input or approval.
- Assist in development of training programs for accountants in all aspects of financial reporting and the alternative fund industry.
- Min 3 years of experience in an Accounting Firm, Hedge Fund, Private Equity Administrator, Audit or other financial institution where the accountant has gained financial products knowledge
- Experience in A supervisory function of a team of investment funds accountants and/or auditors
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS is required
- Advanced knowledge in complex derivatives
- Previous Financial Statement Preparation experience.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics with a minimum of 9 accounting credits.
- Excellent communication skills
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.