Senior Automated Test Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Senior Automated Test Engineer
Who You'll Work With
As a member of the Managed Services Accelerator (MSX) team you'll work with other talented and passionate engineers to deliver a cloud-native, multi-tenant, virtual networking service creation and delivery platform that helps service providers quickly, easily, and cost-effectively develop and deliver managed services to their business customers.
What You'll Do
The CPSG MSX Engineering team will design, develop, and deploy transformational experiences leveraging Cloud Technologies for the Cloud Services market. This group within Cisco is tasked with building the solution from the ground up to transform the future of virtual services delivery.
* Design and develop RESTful APIs for highly scalable SaaS deployments.
* Design and implement data models using NoSQL technologies like Cassandra and Redis.
* Extend and maintain the current automated testing strategy to expand and validate the current set of solutions before being released to our customers.
* Responsible for deployment of containerized platform services using Kubernetes.
* Extend the overall BSS/OSS platform integration capability with 3rd party products.
* Improve platform monitoring aspects by integrating the current service health capability with monitoring and alerting systems.
* Work with Architecture and business stakeholders to plan and design new solutions that enable fast deployment of cloud-based networking services for both Enterprises and Service Providers customer
* Design and document technical specifications that will be used to communicate and validate the overall capability of a use case.
* Execute, maintain and add unit / regression tests during the development phase.
* Subject the system to perforce and stress testing to identify areas that will require improvements.
* Participate in design sessions to support and validate ideas for possible solutions.
* Peer reviews to ensure that new feature will comply to the development standard and best practices.
* Develop and manage the overall continuous integration process.
* Write tests that validate the overall acceptance criteria for a given feature.
* Work in an Agile environment using Scrum and Kanban methodologies
Who You Are
* 8+ years of test automation experience
* Proven track record of designing and implementing performance and scalability test suites for complex backend systems
* Extensive experience with either AWS or OpenStack
* Experience with containerization technologies - Docker and Kubernetes
* Extensive experience with Linux and git
* Familiarity with performance monitoring tools like Datadog is desirable
* Experience with Jenkins and continuous integration systems is a plus
* Experience developing test strategies, test plans and test cases for complex distributed systems
* Experience developing test automation using Python
* Experience in testing RESTful web services and backend APIs
* Experience developing UI test automation using Selenium or similar framework
* Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* New York
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Associated topics: automation, process, prevent, quality assurance, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance engineer, software quality, software quality assurance, software quality engineer, test
Loading some great jobs for you...