PRIVATE SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER - PRIVATE SALES SERVICE CENTER
Christie's, the world's largest Art Business, is an incredibly exciting & enriching place to start or continue your career. Whether you work within one of our Specialist Art Departments or in our more Operational focused teams we are all working together with one common goal in mind: to continue the success of this 250 year old company, steeped in history, bringing constant innovation whilst not forgetting our age old values; Passionate Expertise, Exceptional Client Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Business Judgement & Innovation. . Colleagues across all departments are truly passionate about what they do and it is constantly inspiring to work with industry leaders across all segments of the business.
This position will provide operational and commercial support within the Private Sales Service Center by ensuring completeness, accuracy, timeliness and proper governance is achieved for all private sale transactions. It will provide a seamless and effective service to internal and external stakeholders as an integral part of the Private Sales Service Center and work with other key members of the team to ensure all transactions are compliant and correctly accounted for.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
* Validating and verifying private sales transactions to ensure:
* Christie's has the legal right to consideration;
* Transacting with the vendor and/or buyer does not place unnecessary risk on Christie's;
* Any tax considerations have been vetted and approved;
* Any contingent issues for sale or payment have been addressed; and
* The corresponding accounting entries accurately reflect the sale.
* Acting as the main point of contact with the specialist departments to ensure correct procedures are followed and proper documentation is received for all transactions.
* Ensuring payment from the buyer and settlement to the seller is timely and accurate, liaising with Treasury and Cashiers to provide seamless client service.
* Working with other key members of the Private Sales Service Centre to ensure established policies and procedures are followed.
* Maintaining a record of processed private sales, ensuring these are reconciled back to the General Ledger.
* Monitoring outstanding buyer payments for private sale transactions, following up with specialist departments and client team leaders as necessary to update status.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
* Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and JDE preferred.
* Languages preferred.
* Prioritizing workload to ensure all deadlines are met.
* Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative in a responsible and professional manner.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Challenges current norm in pursuit of looking for better, more effective ways of identifying and delivering best practice with exceptional levels of service to stakeholders.
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision care plans for employees and dependents (On average, Christie's pays 80% of total premiums)
* 401(k) Savings Plan Christie's provides a matching contribution up to 5% (subject to IRS limits)
* Life Insurance - 3x base salary up to $400k (100% paid by Christie's)
* Disability Insurance (100% paid by Christie's)
* Generous time-off and leave policies; including 100% Paid Family Leave up to 16 weeks.
* Onsite weekly yoga class
* Fitness Reimbursement Program: reimbursement of eligible fitness fees and memberships up to $520 per year
* Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus Plan
* Commuter Benefits - Pre-tax money towards your daily commute with a Christie's contribution of $21 per month
* Back Up Child & Elder Care up to 10 days of back-up Child or Elder Care through Bright Horizons
* CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Day- Each employee receives one paid day per year to dedicate their time to a charity of their choice.
* Perks and Discounts through Zo and Plum Benefits
* Christie's reserves the right to change company benefits at any time