- Cherry Creek School District
- $98,110.00 -142,940.00/year*
17637 Co Rd M
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Life Safety Systems Technician position is a 1 year training opportunity for a candidate that has the mechanical aptitude for testing, servicing and troubleshooting fire alarm and intercom systems while preparing for and obtaining NICET 2 certification. After 1 year the candidate will be expected to hold a NICET 2 certification and will be eligible for the Life Safety Systems Technician Position. Responsibilities include assisting Life Safety Systems Technicians in a variety of tasks relating to installation, testing, upkeep and maintenance of Life Safety Systems. Supports department in resolving after hour's emergencies. May be required to work flexible hours or shifts. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Tests, monitors, and maintains all Life Safety Systems. May assist with installations.
2. Collaborates with electricians engaged in electrical construction.
3. Performs and inspects all work to ensure that work conforms with requirements of all building and safety codes. Including initial acceptance of facilities.
4. Maintains Life Safety System's to provide a safe environment.
5. Endorses development of parts inventory
6. Works with Life Safety Technicians to resolve fire department violations in all facilities.
7. Reports information with documents provided to maintain department records.
8. Appraises and isolates defects in fire alarm and intercom equipment, using testing instruments(e.g. ammeter, ohmmeter, and voltmeter)and executes actions to resolve problems.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
10. Mandatory Participation in the afterhours on call for the department. EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years fire alarm and or electrical related experience preferred JOB QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Vocational/Technical schooling related to electrical and/or electronics preferred.
2. Basic Math (add/subtract/multiply/divide)
3. Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
4. Equipment maintenance/repair
5. General building maintenance
6. Must have a valid Colorado driver's license
7. NICET Level 2 in fire Alarm Systems is required to be obtained within 1 year
8. Simplex factory certification
9. Must meet insurability requirements of the Colorado School District Self Insurance Pool.
Associated topics: clinical, constable, emr, environmental, safe, safety, sewer system, treatment, wastewater treatment plant, water
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...