Lead, Account Development, balances internal brand missions with retailer strategies to offer operational level marketing management. (Allocating the right activities to the right customers.) Requires knowledge across the Fragrance and Beauty division's functions to build suitable strategy for each retailer (a broad range of skills are necessary including financial, consultative, planning, interpersonal and influencing).
MARKETING COLLABORATION - Coordinate with Marketing to create retailer specific strategies that support corporate objective.
* Understand retailer media approach and plan spend accordingly (Digital, Print, Scent, TV) * Plan seasonal exposures by brand by month with understanding of changes in catalog dates and circulations that effect scent as well as print within the assigned budget.
* Review CHANEL digital guidelines specific to each retailer to negotiate exposures accordingly with retailer digital team. (social media - dedicated emails - landing page features) * Oversee creative approval of print & digital advertising to ensure assets are delivered and reviewed by necessary parties within the given timeline
* Manage participation for account specific initiatives and programs * Coordinate catalog, digital & in store events for key moments * Manage dot com sample offerings to coincide with in store focus events
ANALYZE RESULTS - Monitor retail sales targets with tailored reporting with given matrix.
* Pull YTD Sales Performance and Create Sales Projections using YTD Trend (Topside, by door, by category) * Review Sales Performance by SKU/by Category and recap highlights in a table format * Create by door Sales Performance reports from raw data sets and be able to effectively communicate trends by market * Compile Sales productivity reports for field sales teams using SUMIF formula and filters * Use Retail Sales and Trend by door (Year End Sales, YTD Sales, YTD Trend) to allocate collateral and samples * Review and format by door brand Ranking reports and look for opportunities to increase market share by door * Ability to manipulate and format large sets of data using filters, data validation, pivot tables, and conditional formatting * Ability to create advanced excel formulas including: =COUNTIFS, =MATCH, =INDEX, =SUMIF, =VLOOKUP, =HLOOKUP, =MROUND, =CEILING, =CONCATENATE, =MIN/MAX
BRAND RIGHT ENVIRONMENT - Liaison corporate discussions with retailer and our design/creative team to ensure proper appearance for in-store for events, outposts, case line, installations etc.
* Negotiate and communicate outposts/ inposts. * Coordinate with Regionals to align on door requests for added exposure with outposts or inposts for the given key moment. * Review & Negotiate with buying teams as well as retailer visual teams to secure the best doors & locations. * Oversee creative discussions for set ups to be approved by both parties.
* Assist with corporate Space & Location negotiations. * Communicate seasonal CHANEL direction to buying team to share guidelines with store teams. * Manage any drastic disconnects that need corporate intervention for resolution.
* Serve as the link between retailer and CHANEL design team throughout CapEx discussions, inclusive of new installations and case enhancements. * Manage timelines and approval process
SUPPORT FIELD SALES - Provide account strategies and results to the field sales team.
* Compile seasonal advertising, launch timing & promotional events in a field friendly format to support the planning process of store teams for each retailer. * Update field team as any changes in programs occur - both CHANEL & Retailer driven.
* Manage corporate staffing terms Fragrance & Beauty. * Review seasonal staffing levels provided by retailer & communicate with field any changes. * Compile concerns & requests from field to negotiate changes from retailer * Track co-op in store support programs to determine ROI - suggest store changes and flex hours accordingly
* Communicate timelines & by door detail for account programs * Recap new key skus and supporting collateral items by door to share with the field. * Compile timelines for shipment ETA for stock, collateral, as well as visual assets so field team is aware of when and what newness is arriving in store. * Weekly updates to the field on business shifts specific to each retailer so teams can compare regional trends and react accordingly
* The Key Account Manager balances the goals of the brand to fit with the specific retailer strategy. * The ideal Key Account Manager is motivated, collaborative and committed to providing outstanding customer service. * Strategic thinker with the ability to set into motion and clearly communicate new opportunities to grow and protect the business * Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action * Understands industry standards as well as retailer needs. * Ability to work cross functionally to build actionable strategies.
Experience & Skills
* Analytical skills required - Buyer, Planner, or Digital Merchant experience a plus * Digital Expertise a plus: site merchandising and understanding of digital tactics (direct load, affiliate, SEM, SEO, retargeting, display) and familiar with paid social KPI's (CTR/CPM, Impressions, Reach, Engagement, LPR, CPC) * Understanding of P&L statements and levers to effect profitability * Experience supporting a high-sales volume category (high SKU count, heavy seasonality, high revenue ($20M+)) preferred * Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills required * Proficiency in MS Office suite required, specifically, advanced Excel skills
Associated topics: blogging, communication, content, correspondent, headline, investigative, news, newspaper, newsperson, publication
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.